Any grad students out there?

Options
I'm writing my dissertation and working as a graduate assistant. I'd love to add some friends who are balancing hours writing at a desk with an active lifestyle and nutritious eating. All through school I've gained and lost, gained and lost, and as I head into the last year of writing I want to come through with my health and fitness in tact. Add me if you're in the same boat (or if you're not, but just want more friends).

Replies

• lk149504
    lk149504 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am also a grad student, but not full-time. I work full-time and go to class in the evenings. I find that it is really hard to balance everything!! Hang in there! What are some things you found that work for you to keep motivated?
  • Cravitzina
    Cravitzina Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello. I'm ABD, too, and in my last year of dissertation writing. Keep me posted on your progress!
  • jburls23
    jburls23 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi there! Im in the last year of grad school in Boston-- feel free to add me! Finding balance is definitely tough but this site is awesome and very supportive!
    --Jillian

Also, I'm collecting data for my dissertation that has to do with weight stigma and coping strategies. If you're interested you can find my online anonymous survey at this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/J976Y6X
  • jcjordan2006
    Options
    I'm an MBA student full time and a fitness coach full time. Absolutely love it! :) Feel free to add me.
  • jcjordan2006
    Options
    My motivation comes from being a fitness coach and running challenge groups to help others be accountable. It has been an amazing experience. Feel free to add me.
  • squirrell79
    squirrell79 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You're a much better grad student than I was. Getting my master's degree was a 2-year blur of takeout, beer, and general unhealthiness.

Good luck on your dissertation!
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Law student who wanted to contribute another squirrell-related username to the mix!
  • English1Mac
    English1Mac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing my first semester as a grad student and teaching assistant, which means a lot of time behind a desk (or studying on the sofa). I was working a desk job for 5 years before going back to school, though, so it doesn't seem like a huge change. It is hard to balance everything but we can do it! Let's do this together!
  • daylily2005
    daylily2005 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Graduating with my MA next week--but started this journey last summer after my first year of grad school. Happy to make new friends!