favourite super healthy dessert :D

Options
RoBalance
RoBalance Posts: 56 Member
My favourite super-fast and super healthy desert: banana-chocolate ice cream.
Peel bananas and cut them into pieces. freeze. when you want the ice cream, place into blender with some water and cocoa powder. blend. done! super healthy and only about 120 kcal per portion.
Enjoy!!!

Replies

• MensEtSalvere2013
    MensEtSalvere2013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    That does sound good! I think I will try that!
  • andreavrmln
    andreavrmln Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Plain Greek yogurt, a few fresh Bing cherries, and a nice drizzle of local honey. Yummy.
  • JSA17
    JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've got the best dessert recipe ever!!

You'll need:

Unsalted saltine crackers (premium plus, etc.)
    Low fat instant pudding (flavour is your choice but in my opinion vanilla works best)
    Frozen or fresh fruit (any kind, strawberry is my favourite)
    And lastly some low fat cool whip (you don't have to use this if you don't want to, I personally don't like it)

Here's what you do:

Make the instant pudding
    Get a cake pan (DONT grease it)

1st-Put one layer of crackers on the bottom
    2nd-Pour some of the pudding overtop of the crackers
    3rd-Put another layer of crackers
    4th-Put a layer of fruit
    5th-Put a layer of pudding
    6th-Put another layer of crackers
    And lastly, top with whip cream!

Let this refrigerate for at LEAST 2-3 hours before you eat it. The crackers will become soft. And voila! Healthy "cake"!!

I've done vanilla pudding with blueberries and/or strawberries and I've also done chocolate pudding with bananas. They're all delicious.
  • erinj16
    erinj16 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My favourite super-fast and super healthy desert: banana-chocolate ice cream.
    Peel bananas and cut them into pieces. freeze. when you want the ice cream, place into blender with some water and cocoa powder. blend. done! super healthy and only about 120 kcal per portion.
    Enjoy!!!

can you give quantities/measurements please? i will inevitably screw this up somehow :)
  • jessicawrites
    jessicawrites Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Fruit salad with strawberry, mango, pineapple, raspberry, cherry, clementine, and watermelon
  • RandomMiranda
    RandomMiranda Posts: 298
    Options
    Cut up an apple into pieces, sprinkle with cinnamon, microwave 1.5 minutes. Instant baked apple. Add some dark chocolate chips for extra indulgence. Works best with sweet, crisp apples like fuji, gala, jonagold, braeburn or pink lady.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    banana sliced and drizzled with chocolate syrup topped with cool whip. taste like a sunday without the icecream though
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    This is by far my favorite dessert: Vegan chocolate truffles (not a vegan by any means, but in this case, simple is better)

1/3 cup coconut oil
    1 cup cocoa powder (Hershey's Dark Unsweetened)
    2 cup coconut shredded
    1/3 cup agave, stevia, honey, or maple syrup
    1/4 cup chopped almonds

Mix first 4 ingredients, shape into balls and roll into almonds! Freeze for an hour.

For the more...calorie and fat conscious dessert seekers: Carrot Cake Balls!

1 cup steamed baby carrots, shredded or mashed
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    2 tbsp applesauce
    1 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 1 tbs warm water and whisked
    2 cups oat flour
    2 tbs stevia
    honey or maple syrup to taste
    4 tsp baking powder
    2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla

Mix and form into little balls, place on parchment paper
    Bake for about 20 minutes at 350

These aren't low cal low fat, but they're perfect for when you want to indulge, but stay healthy. :wink: I make these often since I need my daily little indulgence..
  • cvricks
    cvricks Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Mix together 3 or 4 tbls of cool whip with sliced strawberries - place in freezer for 15 min -stir well then sprinkle with truvia

Delicious!
  • _rozamu
    _rozamu Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My favorite: 6 oz greek yogurt, 1 T almond butter, and 1/2 T honey!
  • nhottel
    nhottel Posts: 1
    Options
    sans sucre chocolate pudding made with skim milk,
  • badgerbabs
    badgerbabs Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ummm... maybe not quite so healthy, but I LOVE my no-sugar-added Fudgsicle bars. 40 cal. each, and they actually have some fiber and a little protein. I'm Type II so the sugars in fruit add up to too much REALLY fast...
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    avocado, chocolate protein powder, and vanilla almond milk in a food processor...amazing and healthy chocolate mousse.
  • meadowsmummy
    meadowsmummy Posts: 108
    Options
    I do the same but add Peanut butter,,
    So yummy and theres protein :)
  • werneket
    werneket Posts: 20
    Options
    I :heart: Cannoli! 3c ricatta ff cheese drained and dry, 2tsp vanilla extract, 1c sugar substitute. Beat for 8 min with a mixer, fill sugar icecream cones and top with choc chips. EZ and Yummy!!!
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oy how could I have forgotten...now I don't make a habit of this but my boyfriend (and all his lifting bro's) are obsessed with this:

Protein fluff

Screenshot2013-05-01at30153PM_zpsa6d9d1ec.png

1/4 cup vanilla casein protein (any flavor)
    1/4 cup almond milk
    1 cup frozen bluberries, strawberries,

Use an electric whisk, and blend for about 6 minutes on high.

It'll quadruple in size, haha. (well maybe not that much, but you get the point)

200 cals 27 grams of protein. voila
  • RoBalance
    RoBalance Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I put about two chopped bananas in a freezer bag and when I blend I add about 1 cup of water (depends on you blender and how well it can handle solid stuff, if you add too much water it will become a milk shake which is still super yummy) and then I add about 2 heaped teapoons of cocoa powder. kind of depends on your own taste. The consistency with my blender is usually that of half-frozen ice-cream which I think is great. Just have fun trying out how you like it ;)
  • Warchortle
    Warchortle Posts: 2,197 Member
    Options
    I ate canned pumpkin with oatmeal, cinnamon, whey protein powder, and stevia this morning... not really dessert, but sort of tasted like it.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    cut an apple into little pieces, mix with some cinamon in a bowl, microwave for like 30 seconds. amaze balls.
  • mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My favorite is mini pudding pie. Not really healthy but a good low calorie cheat!

Make fat free chocolate pudding as per package directions with skim milk

2 graham crackers, crushed
    1 tsp butter, melted
    Mix together to make a "crust". I put it in a regular bowl.

Top with 1/2 cup pudding and fat free whipped cream if you like!