Up Jawbone calories vs. Body Media

Options
So I returned my Body Media and purchased the Up Jawbone about a week ago to my surprise the Up Jawbone gives me about 300 calories less than the Body Media. Body Media use to give me a 24 hour burn around 2600 Up Jawbone is usually between 2200 and 2300. Does anyone here have a Up Jawbone and how do you like it?

Replies

• liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i'm thinking about getting one but I wanted to know how the people who already have one like it
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I love my Up Jawbone. I have had numerous questions and called the 800 number and they have been very helpful.
  • isenbergl
    isenbergl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about purchasing one of these. Just wondering how it works? Is it a heart rate monitor? How is it measuring? Also - does it psync with MFP? I am looking to purchase something that can track what ever type of exercise I am doing, be it swimming, aerobics, walking or biking. I also want it to be easy to wear and accurate. Really would like to hear from others who have this.
  • anasantos61
    anasantos61 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It just started syncing with MFP two days ago. It is not a HRM I use a HRM (Polar 7) for all my workouts. It is a bracelet and you can wear all the time even when you are showering they do not recommend you wear it for swimming. the bracelet syncs to the Iphone and Droid. it tracks sleep, workouts, total calorie burn, active burn and resting burn. You can program it to vibrate if you are idle for a long time. I programmed mine to vibrate every 15 minutes.