Should I ....... or Shouldnt I

Options
Hey all. One of my clients has asked me to do a Spartan Sprint with her in Ottawa Canada. June 15th. What better way to celebrate my 44th Birthday on June 14th. WAIT....... DID I JUST SAY THAT????? :noway: ME????? Who cant stand bugs or dirt not to mention mud????? HELL YEAH!!! Im gonna do this! Im gonna prove to myself once and for all that i can be gross.... and dirty ... and just.... just..... Have a freakin blast!!!! Whos with me on this CrAzY *kitten* adventure????? Its a 5k through an obstacle course. Now from what im told... if you can not do something... they make you do an alternative. Im gonna train like a M F the next month and a half. Its gonna get CrAZy... but then again.... THATS MY NAME!!!!!:tongue:

Replies

• Iron_Pheonix
    Iron_Pheonix Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Have fun Lynette :)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Yes! Just wear pants and knee pants :wink: Trust me on this one...
  • StrongerThanThor
    StrongerThanThor Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Do it!
  • louisey112
    louisey112 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question ... you're a beast and will rock it!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Lynette, if you don't feel you are in good enough shape to do this event...... God help the rest of us.
  • MGoodElite9
    MGoodElite9 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I say do it, sounds like a good time! I'm not sure you need to do much to get ready though...lol. This should be a cake walk for you!
  • PhattphlabbieAquarian
    Options
    You are a very competitive person. You tend to compete against yourself always striving to do better. This is just another challenge for yourself and I say go for it! You're right, it should be fun but for you it will be a challenge because apparently you haven;'t done something like this.

Go for it!!

As for training for it, somehow I think you're already in superb physical condition. You're training for the Marathon and this is only two weeks later. You'll be well prepared.

As for your 44th birthday.................you realize that a birthday celebrates the end of the year. You'll be bringing in your 45th. What a better way to do it!! I only wish I could be there to watch you!

Go for it and best of success to you!! Oh, take some dirty pictures. :laugh:
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Lynette, if you don't feel you are in good enough shape to do this event...... God help the rest of us.

Ditto
  • Phat_Bottom_Girl
    Options
    Your so ready for this babe x
  • sharonloraine
    sharonloraine Posts: 69 Member
    Options

double ditto. you will love it.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    you are super super amazing!!!! hell yea that you are gonna train hard!!! hell yea you are gonna get uber dirty!!!! kick that spartan sprint right in the *kitten*!!!! you are so inspiring!!!!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I love that a bada$$ like you doesn't like mud or bugs :happy:
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I've done two Warrior Dashes and am doing a local "mud run/obstacle course 5k" this Saturday. They are FUN! Do it!!
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I hate mud and bugs myself! I know you can do it, so just go for it!!!

Wishing you all the best!!
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    You will kill it! I've got this on my list of want to dos... = ) I may never be ready.
  • Blessedbythebest1
    Blessedbythebest1 Posts: 971 Member
    Options

Ditto

^^^^ LMAO -- DITTO! You got this w/o any more training!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    yes....do it. Will be fun.
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I think if it is going to make you happy Rock it out. I told you before I think you need to take it to the limit and compete in figure. You have the glam look that needs to show. For some reason I have a feeling though that you will find a way to be glam doing a mud run though. lol
  • ladyark
    ladyark Posts: 1,101 Member
    Options
    I think you should do it! You def will have to train for the different things they will do. Its kinda like crossfit with the climbing etc. You will be sore after wards but i hear they are SO MUCH FUN!! I want to try one soon.