So good I thougtht I was cheating

Options
dumb_blondes_rock
dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
I'm doing medifast right now(I know some of you dont' agree, but i feel its the kickstart i need) and today i was feeling really HUNGRY(T.O.M. almost approaching) and I concocted this dish that had SO MUCH FOOD that I thought I was FOR SURE cheating. Everyone should try this dish, its almost too good to be true. I came up with the name *Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps*

Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps

4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast(I cut mine into 3 strips)
1/4 small yellow onion(cut into strips )
1/5 red bell pepper(any color will do, also cut into strips)
4 or 5 white mushrooms, quartered
1 whole zuchinni, cut intoabout 1/2 rounds
2 tbs fat free sour cream
3 or 4 pieces romain lettuce
1 ts lime juice
Spray skillet with non stick oil spray, salt and pepper chicken on one side, and put chicken in seasoning side down and cook over med to med low heat. add in onions, bell peppers and mushrooms,. After a few minutes flip chicken over and add zuchinni. season with salt and pepper. Add lime juice anda few spray of I can't believe it's not butter spray, cover, and cook until chicken is done cooking(Just a few more minutes).

To assemble:
Take a leaf of romaine, spread 1/3 of the sour cream on it and add 1 piece of chicken and some of the veggies. Built it up as you would a fajta with corn tortillas. Stuff your face and have no guilt because the nutritional facts are amazing!

cal 238
carbs 16
fat 3g
protein 35

Since i was so hungry i added a cup and a half of green beans that i steamed for about 5-7 mintues and added a few squirts of the i.c.b.i.n.b spray and some sea salt, which made the nutrition facts

Cal 304
carbs 31
fat 4
protein 39

At the time of making it, i dind't think to add a garlic clove, which you can add in when you add onions etc, and it will add on 4 more cals and 1 more carb.
ENJOY!

Replies

• sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy...thanks for sharing!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I need to try this! Lots of fiber and most of my favorite veggies! Thanks much. :drinker: (water)
  • Mom_To_5
    Mom_To_5 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    think the hubby and i may have to make this for lunch tomorrow, will have to check the fridge first though, sounds yummy!!

Thanks for sharing!!
  • krb89
    krb89 Posts: 2
    Options
    bump!
  • navstar
    navstar Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    bumping this so i can find it later! thanks it sounds yummy!
  • sibyllewalker
    sibyllewalker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, ate all my cal but 290, now I can eat a delicious veggie wrap. I think I'll leave the chicken out for more calorie savings.