In need of low fat/salt salad dressings/dips!

Options
JSA17
JSA17 Posts: 81 Member
Does anyone here have any recipes for low fat, low sodium salad dressings and/or dips?

Thanks!

Replies

• KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Plain non-fat yogurt (about 2 cups) + 1/4 cup low-fat mayo + salt + dried or fresh basil (a lot!) + garlic (pressed)
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    1 cup any oil of chose (I use grape seed)
    1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar (must be apple cider)
    3 tablespoons honey
    garlic to taste (I use 2 bulbs, sometimes 3)

Soo good, so healthy and soo easy. My son will only eat salad with this on it.
  • breckgal
    breckgal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For one salad I use 2 tsp Olive Oil mixed with 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, add a pinch of sweetener &
    shake well in little conainer. My favoritie
  • Lauran845
    Lauran845 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb dip mix with plain greek yogurt.....yummy for my tummy with some sliced cucumbers.
  • SylentZee
    SylentZee Posts: 262
    Options
    Recently bought Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing and it's actually pretty good.

45 cal, 3g fat, 3g carbs.

I'm definitely going to try the other flavors.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Walden Farms stuff is 0 calories. Its not food but it taste kinda like food so it works. The bacon ranch is ok and the caramel sauce is delicious on fruit.

Bolthouse Farms is good too.
  • sailawaykate
    sailawaykate Posts: 126
    Options
    Get a mason jar: fill it 1/3 with balsamic vinegar, then fill-er-up with some room for shaking with olive oil. Scoop in some organic dijon mustard, sprinkle salt & pepper to taste, seal the lid & shake!

Not "low fat" per se, but about 100x better than anything store-bought, and you know exactly what goes into it!
  • siceton
    siceton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    THE MAKERS OF FRYLIGHT DO A SPRAY SALAD DRESSING WHICH IS REALLY LOW IN CALORIES AND YOU USE LESS BECAUSE YOUR SPAYING IT INSTEAD OF POURING IT. GOOD LUCK
  • reddingaz
    reddingaz Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own Balsamic dressing

couple of cloves of fresh minced garlic, a pinch of salt & pepper, balsamic vinegar of choice & an extra virgin olive oil in about equal parts ( I like mine really vinegar-y)

This way I know exactly what's in it & don't have to worry about any bad stuff you find in the store bought dressings!
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Astro Original - Tzatziki, 1 tbsp < My fave find so far! 20 cal, 2 carb, 1 fat, 35 sodium.

I actually use it on salmon, as well as a dip for veggies! :)
  • wadair
    wadair Posts: 31
    Options
    Recently bought Bolthouse Farms Ranch Dressing and it's actually pretty good.

45 cal, 3g fat, 3g carbs.

I'm definitely going to try the other flavors.

These are all good!
  • juniebug2013
    juniebug2013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe recently for ranch dip that is so good. Mix 1 cup Dannon Oikos plain greek yogurt with 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch mix. It's low calorie and yummy. Plus you get the protein from the yogurt. If you want it more the consistency of a dressing rather than a dip then just thin it out with a little skim milk.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I like non creamy dressing so always use extra virgin olive oil, about 10mls. If I'm having a tuna salad I'll mix the oil with a load of lemon juice and black pepper with a smidge of vinigar, or sometimes soy sauce. If it's got chicken I'll mix in some mustard and honey.
  • _Aimée_
    _Aimée_ Posts: 190
    Options
    I like non creamy dressing so always use extra virgin olive oil, about 10mls. If I'm having a tuna salad I'll mix the oil with a load of lemon juice and black pepper with a smidge of vinigar, or sometimes soy sauce. If it's got chicken I'll mix in some mustard and honey.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I normally like good extra virgin olive oil w/ a nice vinegar. I've gotten used to eating my salads on the dry side. Sometimes just a dash of vinegar or lemon juice. Salsa is a good option too. Dash on some herbs, cayenne or garlic powder.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    cocaine, weed, and crack all blended up with some yogurt

sounds legit
  • KatieHall77
    KatieHall77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Here is an awesome sun dried tomato dressing, very low in fat and tastes like the best Italian.

http://www.food.com/recipe/omg-low-cal-sun-dried-tomato-dressing-307785
  • oldernotwiser
    oldernotwiser Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LIght Ranch Dressing

4-8 ozs reduced fat buttermilk (1.5%)
    5 oz plain non-fat Greek yogurt
    ½ tsp onion powder
    ½ tsp dried chives
    ½ tsp dried dill
    ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
    Salt/pepper to taste
    A few drops of worcestershire sauce

Stir together all ingredients except buttermilk. Gradually add buttermilk until you have reached the desired consistency. For me, that is 4 ozs.

Since I don't use this every day, I freeze it in an ice cube tray. One serving is 3 cubes. 58 cals.
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I like salsa, either the traditional red or mexican green.