I did it!

Options
Six months ago I set a goal for myself to lose 25kg (~55lbs). At the time I weighed 110kg (~240lbs), and had been fat my entire life. I had tried losing weight before, but without success. I had gone to the gym, worked out regularly and eaten healthy food, but nothing seemed to work.

After a long period of not doing any of those things, I suddenly woke up one morning and decided that I didn't want to be fat anymore. I would be turning thirty in a year, and felt that it was now or never on the weight loss. I made up a simple list of "eat" and "don't eat" foods, and kept to this very well for about two weeks before realizing that I needed to quantify and measure my progress. I also decided at that time that calorie counting would be a good idea, too, and stumbled on MFP in a Google search.

Now, after six months of watching my calories, as well as fat and protein intake, and working out regularly (I've got one and a half weeks to go on P90X), I have finally reached my goal. Words cannot describe the feeling I had this morning when I stepped on the scale and it finally registered a number less than 85kg (~187lbs). Many of you, I'm sure, know just how proud I am of myself for reaching my goal, and for those who don't, keep at, and you will soon enough.

Aside from the calorie counting, I also found a lot of encouragement and advice on this website, particularly from larsfromars and ddavies in the P90X forum. I'm sure I wouldn't have lost the weight so fast without them.

I'm still a tad overweight, but it's only a matter of time before the extra weight that is left is lost. I stopped thinking I was on a diet months ago, and now just think of it as my new, healthy lifestyle. I have no intention of going back to eating fat- and calorie-laden food, or stopping my exercise routine. It may change, but I like the new me far more than the old me.

Speaking of the new me, that includes personality changes as well. Since I started dieting I've become a much happier, more positive and more optimistic person. I no longer think "I can't do that", but rather "I presently struggle with". It started with fitness routines, but has since expanded into every corner of my life. Dieting and getting fit might be the best decision I've ever made.

I plan to hang around MFP for several reasons, so if you're looking for an online workout buddy, or just someone to give you advice or encouragement, add me. I'd love to help others here reach their goals, too.

Replies

• PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yay you!!!!! What a great story :)

More than halfway to my goal, I find I am more optimistic and cheerful these day, too.
  • javajunco
    javajunco Posts: 81
    Options
    Congratulations! And very inspiring. :)
  • eaaronm24
    eaaronm24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!!!! Good job keep it up!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good for you! It takes a lot of hard work and dedication to achieve your goals. Congrats! :-)
  • HealthyLeeLee
    HealthyLeeLee Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Thank you for sharing :)
  • larsfromars
    larsfromars Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nate, You have reason to be proud and elated !! From our little P90x group I know how hard
    you have worked....and with dedication on a daily bases. So congrats my friend !!
  • NikkiP33
    NikkiP33 Posts: 17
    Options
    So happy for you!!! You must be proud of yourself :) Keep up the great work and thank you for sharing your success story.
  • hsr728
    hsr728 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, you are an inspiration!
  • Corbinsmom
    Corbinsmom Posts: 117
    Options
    Way to go! That is awesome!!!!!!!!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    nice job man!!! :D
  • sphomphak
    sphomphak Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job reaching your goal!!
  • VickyO1977
    VickyO1977 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Inspirational and what a lovely offer to help others yes please from me if that's ok?
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Thanks for sharing your story, especially the part about the mental changes you have made. I am a little older than you and I still struggle with getting my mind straight. You look great, too!
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! Congrats on your success and I LOVE your attitude about your new lifestyle and being willing to extend a hand to help someone as others did with you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!