Weight Loss = new hair cut?

Options
Hello, I've lost 64 pounds and my face is much slimmer. I've always had short sassy hair. I've started to grow my hair out and people keep commenting that I shouldn't lose any more weight my face looks sunken in. I'm wondering if my hair is drawing down my face. I still want to lose another 10-15 pounds to get to my goal weight of 150-155. I've worked so hard and to have people say negative things really makes me doubt myself. Has anybody else run into this issue? Should I go back to the short and sassy to see if the comments stop? What to do? I only want positive attention!

Replies

• CMGoodie
    CMGoodie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I say go for it....Cut your hair to your attitude and personality and see what a difference it makes.

Congratulations on your loss... :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you want long hair, grow it out. Do you think your face looks sunken in? I personally didn't feel comfortable rocking short and sassy until I had lost some weight. I'm currently also growing mine back out, though. People are always going to comment. I got lots of "you're done now, RIGHT!?!" comments when I was around my goal weight. Super annoying.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You could have some fun, go to an upscale wig store, and try on different looks. I say grow it out. You can always cut it. But if you don't grow it out, you'll never know.

I have short hair, too. I'm tired of myself right now and plan to grow it out. If it looks awful I can always cut it again.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    moisturize....or try botox cream....or just go for the botox.....sometimes loosing weight can occasionally age us.....or you can just have jerk friends that make rude comments....it's hard to tell people you're only accepting positive attention.....do what ever it is that makes you happy.....and come up with a sweet comeback comment to make when your friends comment negatively:) Congrats on your loss....you deserve what ever your heart desires!
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Get a buzz cut and see what they say! LOL
  • hayleysuel
    hayleysuel Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Go for it! Hair will grow back & extentions are always an option if you dont like it! :)
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I only want positive attention!

Then you are doomed :laugh:

I will say, that a super short cut will draw more attention to your face, no doubt about it. On the other hand, if you have thick hair, then leaving it longer can kind of overwhelm you if you don't have the breadth of face to compliment it. I like the idea of trying on wigs. See if you can bring along someone you trust to be objective and honest with you to give their opinion.