1 year down, 100 lbs GONE!!

Options

Replies

• Jlwiens23
    Options
    Amazing! Such an inspiration! 2 weeks ago I decided to change my life. My goal is to lose 118lbs. Just signed on a personal trainer and have been learning an entirely new way to eat. I hope to join your club of success in 1 year! :)
  • SweetLillyM
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE! Great job! :)
  • Julie_Donahue
    Julie_Donahue Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! You have done a great job. Keep it up!
  • cjustine1
    cjustine1 Posts: 15
    Options
    wow fantastic job!!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much!
  • Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You should be very proud.
  • Greg127
    Greg127 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great Job, keep doing what you're doing..it's working. Looking fabulous. :smile:
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Fabulous and congrats!
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    WOW!! It also looks like you lost 10 years off your age too!! You should feel so proud of yourself!!
  • ShrinkingShawna
    ShrinkingShawna Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Someone asked me about plateaus, and what to do. I thought I'd share my response as others may have the same question. There's a lot of advice out there, but this is mine:

I just kept eating healthy, it will break. My longest was 6 weeks with no weight loss, and even a couple of gains. It's just something that happens when your body goes "wait, maybe I should hold on to some of this". I know it's discouraging when it happens, but it can't go on forever. Try changing to different foods, but healthy foods. DON'T CUT YOUR CALORIES!!! Some people will even tell you to "take a break", but I never took that advice because I know how easy it would be to slip back into my old bad eating habits.

As far as how many calories you should be eating, that's something that you should really discuss with your dietitian. As you lose weight, your calorie intake should increase, not decrease, as your metabolism will be faster, and your body will require more nutrients to maintain. I eat a consistent calorie count every day, as spiking can confuse your body. I also have no more than 1 "treat" meal a week. Sometimes I just skip it if I'm just not in the mood for anything unhealthy.

Stop weighing yourself for a few weeks. I know it's hard, I used to weigh myself every single day. Stress will make you stop losing weight, and even gain. Unless I have what I refer to as a super week (where I lose more than 2 lbs), I try to only weigh myself every 2 weeks (sometimes longer). Even though 1/2 lb is still a loss, even now it still feels like defeat. Obviously I've done something right, but I still have trouble seeing the "big" difference in my body. The size of my clothes, and the fact that I don't have to go to the plus sized section anymore, are the reminders that I'm actually doing it right.

Whatever you do, don't give up!! :flowerforyou:
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    What I love is that you look happy in both photos, but you just ooze confidence in your 100 lbs down photo! :smile:

You have worked so hard and deserve to be proud of your progress! Go you!!!
  • clubben2k
    clubben2k Posts: 29
    Options
    amazing job, congratulations!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Wow - that is wonderful!!! Good job! And so inspiring!!
  • JEG2012
    JEG2012 Posts: 158
    Options
    You look amazing! Congratulations to you!
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What I love is that you look happy in both photos, but you just ooze confidence in your 100 lbs down photo! :smile:

You have worked so hard and deserve to be proud of your progress! Go you!!!
    :drinker:
  • Missbluej
    Missbluej Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look phenomenal. I just started to get serious with my weight loss in the past couple of weeks. I hope to be in the 100 lbs lost club a year from now. You as well as others are truly inspirational.
  • Cynkane
    Cynkane Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Great job!! You are truly an inspiration! You look amazing!
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Awesome dedication! You look great!
  • Madmadz77
    Madmadz77 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    You blow my mind!
  • krnlmustrd
    krnlmustrd Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration! Congratulations!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!