please just read i would like your advice

Options
ok my tdee is 1670 and my bmr is 1280 so what do i need to eat in cals and do i also eat back my excersise please help me understand this

Replies

• eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    20% reduction of your 1670 puts you at 1336 for your daily calories for weight reduction. You should not eat back your exercise calories, as you level of activity is already factored into your TDEE. Good luck!
  • gemmamclean1984
    Options
    im confused ?????
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    If you eat 1670 per day, you will stay the same size. If you eat 20% less than that, you will lose weight. 20% less than 1670 is 1336.

If you eat 1336 per day, you will lose weight. Do not eat back your exercise calories. Rock on!
  • gemmamclean1984
    Options
    thank you so much how often do i need to recalculate this
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    If you increase your activity level (i.e. more working out or more active job) or if you lose 10 lbs, you should recalculate.
  • kimika23
    kimika23 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Do not eat back your exercise calories.

This is only true if your TDEE incorporates the exercises you do on a regular basis. If you input your TDEE activity level as "sedentary", but you decide to do Insanity 3x a week, you should definitely eat those calories back. But the better answer would be to change your activity level to either "lightly active" or "moderately active" to incorporate workouts. Then use the 15-20% deficit. But NEVER allow your deficit to put you below BMR.

Does that make sense?
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    What method did you use to calculate this?
  • ykckby1949
    ykckby1949 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You should never eat below your BMR.

Kim