Shrimp in Angel Hair Pasta

Options
Hey everyone

I have another yummy recipe I would love to share. This is shrimp with angel hair pasta. I love making this because it is WAY less fat and cal than regular tomato sauce.

What’s included:
• Angel Hair pasta (I am sure you can make it with wheat pasta but I am not sure how it would taste I love my white
pasta)
• Albertsons cooked shrimp (I get this because I am usually don’t have a lot of time to cook :laugh: )
• Hunts diced tomato with basil and garlic (canned)
• Mrs. Dash seasoning (I live by this stuff. I love salt and this is a great substitute)
• Parmesan cheese
• Olive oil (sometimes I think it help sauté the shrimp but I am sure you can save the 120 cal)

Ok so here is the easiest recipe in the world.
• Cook the pasta
• Put shrimp in a frying pan
• Add 1 tbsp of oil to shrimp stir around
• Add a ½ cup of the diced tomatoes (make sure you get a good amount of the juices) to the shrimp. Stir so the
juices cover all the shrimp
• Add Mrs. Dash and parmesan.
• Stir everything together to make sure the shrimp has a seasoning all over it. Let it warm up for 2-5 min
• Strain pasta and dish out
• Pour shrimp with juices on pasta.
• Add another ½ cup of diced tomato if you want a little more tomato sauce on your pasta.

I hope you like this recipe. Let me know if you make it and what you think. :happy:

Replies

• Alysgrma
    Alysgrma Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Thank you it sounds WONDERFUL!! I am going to try it this weekend!
    Mary
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    So funny! We must have been on the same brain wave because I was just about to log off and make my version! It's almost identical to yours but I add fresh oregano, basil and lemon juice! Yummo! Thanks for sharing!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! I'll have to try this!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    mmmm Hubby makes stuff like this a lot :smile: it's *so* good!
  • mskimberlee
    mskimberlee Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Sounds fabulous, I'm going to try it. I'm with you, I can't eat the wheat pasta no matter how hard I try! It's like choking down cardboard. Moderation in everything, I'll stick to my white and get my grains elsewhere! Thanks!
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    I'm making this tomorrow. I put it in the recipe calculator and it came to 326 calories per serving. NOT bad!
  • DawnOf1969
    Options
    I made this last night. It was AMAZING!!!!
    My family loved it and everyone went back for 2nds. My picky son even loved it. we will be having it again for sure.