Matcha recommendations?

Options
Mindful_Trent
Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
I want to buy some Matcha green tea powder, and there are so many different websites/places that sell this. I know that the low-quality stuff can be pretty bad, but the really high quality is super expensive. Does anyone have any personal experience buying Matcha and have any recommendations on affordable, decent quality Matcha? I was originally looking online but don't mind buying at a physical store either, so if anyone has any recommendations specific to the Denver area, that's where I'm located.

Replies

• thechurchlady
    Options
    sorry...I've never even heard of it...is it a regional thing?
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    It's powder made by grinding green tea leaves very finely. It's used to make a traditional Japanese green tea, but is becoming more popular in the U.S. It is supposed to be more potent than regular green tea and has more of the green tea benefits, since you are consuming the whole leaf instead of just water brewed from the leaf.
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried it but I am also curious to see if anyone has. . .well I have tried the matcha smoothie at starbucks, it was pretty good.
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried buying it individually, but the Shakeology I drink every day has matcha in it.
    Risa
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried matcha, but there are a lot of good tea shops in the area where you might could find some. Unfortunately, I'm still not too familiar with Denver, as I've spent most of my time in Boulder thus far. I really liked the Tea Box in Boulder, and there's apparently a location in Denver too: 2351 E 3rd Ave, Denver, CO 80206

That's the closest I can give to a recommendation ^_^;;
  • Mindful_Trent
    Options
    Bump...