New to the "Community"

Options
Hello all - I've been on MFP for some time but decided to be active in the MFP message boards this time around. I'm on day 3 of my newly energized commitment to being super fit. My goal is basically to have the kind of body that makes people say "wow". My wife deserves that. My kids deserve that kind of role model. Not to sound sexist (at all) but it is time for me to "man up" and lead my family to a healthier lifestyle.

For years I've been more of a "do as I say, not as I do" guy around nutrition/fitness. I believe that I have the knowledge to reach my goals, I just haven't been consistent in applying that knowledge.

I'm 5'8" and at 178.8 lbs as of Monday. About 26% body fat. My goal is to lose 30 lbs of body fat and gain 10 lbs of muscle.

If you think we might get along, please add my as a friend. Thanks!

Replies

• Shoppingkay
    Shoppingkay Posts: 15
    Options
    Welcome! Nice to see a guy that wants to " man up"! : ) I am new as well and am finding the interactive connection with others a big help in making me log in and offer support. Send me a friend request if you would like to support each other! Best of luck.
  • lorieric5037
    Options
    I'm kinda new, also...did MFP 2 years ago & lost 34 pounds. Trying to get back on track with my life since my husband left me & I gained 40 pounds!! Yikes! You're welcome to add me as a friend if you'd like.:flowerforyou: