My first Before and During :)

Options
I've been on here since September 2012 (Made a new acc since then, used to be xSakura) and I've lost a total of 28lbs, AKA 2 stone! :drinker: So I thought I'd post my very first before and during pictures. They're not great, and I really hate how big I am in the before, BUT I'm happy with my progress!

I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in October 2012. I'd left it untreated for around 7 months beforehand, basically cause I had no idea what it was, until I looked into why I was gaining weight so quickly. I'm feeling much better now though :bigsmile:

Anyway, here's the pictures! :embarassed:

Before Hypothyroidism (Back in 2011, around 150lbs)
Apologies, not the best of pictures but one of the only ones you can see the whole of me!

34erm12.jpg

After and Before:
oa115f.jpg

Replies

• shawnmaire74
    shawnmaire74 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    You're a very pretty girl, great progress!
  • xNickie
    xNickie Posts: 49
    Options

Aw, thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • ElleM0
    ElleM0 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

I agree! You're GORG!! :flowerforyou:
    Keep it up!!
  • DancingWithTheDevil
    Options
    Congrats! Great job. Stay strong and you'll get there. ♥
  • xNickie
    Options
    Thanks all :blushing: :flowerforyou:
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!

Is Hypothyroidism Graves Disease?
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I needed to see this! I was just diagnosed on Saturday!!!!!
  • xNickie
    Options
    Good job!!!

Thanks! That's the opposite one I think, Hyperthyroid :smile:
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You are absolutely beautiful. x Congrats on your progress here!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Great progress!!! Having a low functioning thyroid sucks, but you're doing so well. Keep it up :drinker:
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!

No. Hypothroidism is an underactive thyroid. Graves disease is an autoimmune disease where your body attacks your thyroid. With Graves disease you often become hyperthyroid ( or have an overactive thyroid) because as your body attacks the thyroid it dumps all the extra hormones. Eventually your thryoid burns itself out if you don't intervene and make it inactive before hand and you then become hypothyroid.

I have dealth with Graves disease and after two years I am now winning the battle against this disease and regaining my health. Anyone suffering from this disease feel free to add me!

To the OP: You have done outstanding work and you look great! Keep up the hard work and stay strong!!
  • ms_leanne
    ms_leanne Posts: 523
    Options
    My Mum has hypothyroidism too. How did you first find out that you had it?
  • xNickie
    Options
    My Mum has hypothyroidism too. How did you first find out that you had it?

I did alot of research online as to why I was gaining weight so quickly, then went to my doctor for blood tests to see if what I read online was true. Unfortunately it was, but I'm glad I'm getting better :smile:
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I was tired all the time, just wanted to sleep after only being up for a couple hours and I did gain a lot of weight. That was many years ago and have been on meds. to keep it under control. Losing weight has not affected my thyroid condition but it has helped my blood sugar and best of all my attitude.........:happy:
  • Brandie43
    Brandie43 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Great results so far!! Glad your getting it undercontroll, it must have been hard not understanding what was going on..
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!! Keep it up!! =)
  • demonlullaby
    demonlullaby Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    great progress!!!
  • Kholz90
    Kholz90 Posts: 6
    Options
    Have you been put on any thyroid medications? Usually the medication helps balance out your thyroid so that you start losing weight (of course with diet and exercise)
    But, you're gorgeous and you've come a long way. You'll get back to where you want to be in no time, and you'll be stronger in the end because you worked so hard to get there!
  • jgood21
    jgood21 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You have a very petite frame! Congratulations on your progress.
  • UrnAsh
    UrnAsh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!