I'm discouraged.

Options
:( I'm feeling discouraged. I don't know if I will ever get down to 175.

Replies

• niki87lewis
    niki87lewis Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • anndello1
    anndello1 Posts: 4
    Options
    i'm not sure what your at now but set yourself small goals don't look towards the final goal till your almost there. aim for 5% of the weight you want to lose first. hope this helps :)
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    My caloric intake is out of control again!
  • Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Open food diary. You know what the problem is though so now all you have to do is modify whats out of control or workout harder.

You'll get there!
  • SuccessHere
    SuccessHere Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Open food diary. You know what the problem is though so now all you have to do is modify whats out of control or workout harder.

You'll get there!

Where is my food diary? I have been trying to get my eating under control for years.
  • MsKari02
    MsKari02 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Been at this for 5 weeks now and doing everything I'm suppose to and only have 7 pounds off. I go 3-4 days and show noting lost at all. Getting discouraged.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    MsKari, 7 lbs in 5 weeks is great weight loss! That's a healthy weight loss rate. You're doing something right, for sure. Keep at it. You're doing great.

SuccessHere, to open your diary go to "settings" (top right of screen), then "diary settings". At the bottom is a section called "diary sharing". If you make it "public", we can all see your diary.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Don't be getting discouraged. Open up your food diary for us to see and maybe we can give you a hand!
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Been at this for 5 weeks now and doing everything I'm suppose to and only have 7 pounds off. I go 3-4 days and show noting lost at all. Getting discouraged.

Keep up what you're doing. If you're at the start of a plateau, it can last up 6 months or more. It will eventually break and you'll start losing again.
  • closedmouth13
    Options
    I know its hard my goal is 150 have 59 pds to go im trying to stay positive and be determined to get there I want it so freaking bad It! i noticed i always feel better after i work it i force myself even when i dont want too but we'll make it:)
  • ForMyTomorrow
    ForMyTomorrow Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This my first post ever and I've used MFP for years. But I cannot tell you all of the times I've felt the exact same way. I seem to always get to the same point and then stall and gain it back. Which is where I'm at right now. I want so badly to get past this halfway point and lose the last 25 pounds. I've gained and lost the same 25lbs at least 4 times in the past few years. So here's to staying positive and believing we can do it :) btw if anyone needs a friend you can add me. As this is my first post I also don't have any friends :))
  • vsipin
    vsipin Posts: 9
    Options
    I am feeling soooo discouraged today. I half assed my workouts and I'm being such a ***** to everyone!
  • Fitscorcher
    Fitscorcher Posts: 47
    Options
    Well if you don't pick yourself up it will only get worse and you'll gain weight! I have 230 pounds to lose, it would be easy to give in, that's why I keep doing and now at 392 pounds I have no quality of life, I'm in constant pain and my life is so restricted. I can't take the kids to the fair, on water flumes, or other weight restricted places. I can't even use half of the exercise machines because there is a weight limit!

I could so easily give up because I have so much weight to lose it feels like an impossible task but where will that get me? An early grave, in a wheelchair because I can't lift my bulk, miserable and lonely! Where would it leave my kids? Mourning for their mother or having to do every little thing for me. If you know your calories are out of control then sort it, you can do it. It doesn't have to be as difficult as it sounds, buy a smaller plate, eat healthily, exercise, etc. If you want to eat more calories you can but you need to increase the exercise too.

There are many things in life that can get you down and can be a real battle to get through but here YOU are in control, YOU feed yourself, You exercise or don't, it's all up to YOU.

We can help you though! please add something about yourself to your profile, let us know a little more about you. We can then offer support when you need it. Come on, pick yourself up and lets do this together!

:-)