Jogging strollers...

Options
Any of you moms on here use them? The one I really want has the No Flat tires on them...and my husband thinks that would make for a bumpier ride than the air filled ones. What do you have, air or no air? Opinions? Thanks!

Replies

• GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    We had two strollers. One with solid wheels. The other with inflated.
    I preferred the inflated tires.It did seem smoother. But, it may have just been a better stroller.
    Don't go when your child is too young. In my day, there were no guidelines for how old a child should be before you take them out for a run, and we went when my kids were really young. We never had any problems. But, there are reports of kids getting detached retinas from riding in a jogging stroller when they are too young.
    I think the recommendation is that no kid should go in a running stroller, for a run, until they are at least six months, for even terrain, and 12 months, for bumpier terrain.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've been running with my daughter in the bob ironman for 2 years. We love it! I've never had a flat tire. I do have to fill the tires every couple of weeks and occasionally adjust the hand brake but that's no big deal. My daughter sits in it comfortably for 10 miles plus.
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Detached retinas??? o.O wow, didnt know that could happen! But my girl is 14 months so no worry there...thanks for the tip! :)
  • PibblesRun
    PibblesRun Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Tufel, I just realized you were a man...and realized my big mistake...insert foot in mouth now! Any "parents" I should have said because a father can use them too! Sorry guys...
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a single BOB jogger for my son, when I had my daughter two years later I bought a double. Pricey but so worth it. These strollers are literally my best friend! They are so smooth and because of the swivel front wheel they are really easy to get around anything. I have only had one puncture but just took it to a bike shop and they patched it for $10.00. I still run with my 14mth old and three year old with ease. Its a little heavy starting (with about 55lbs worth of kids in there!), but it really has its own momentum once you get going with you wont get with even the best solid wheel stroller.