-30lbs in 9 months - unflattering pictures included!

Options
Aedrah
Aedrah Posts: 100 Member
I promised unflattering pictures, and you will not see a shortage here!

I joined MFP 9 months ago, in July of last year.
Since then, I've met a few fit-friends along the way that have really been supportive.
I'm so inspired by them, and so very thankful to them for helping me along the way.

I'm 5'4 and was 210lbs when I joined. I'm hovering between 179.5 and 181.5 this week.
210 probably wasn't my highest - I avoided scales for a very long time.

I started out at 1200 cals per day, but that just wasn't for me - I love food too much! So I upped it to 1600 cals per day, and you can bet I ate my exercise calories back :) My fit-friends can sure tell you that it's more often than not that the message in their news-feed from me about my food diary doesn't often say "and was under her calorie goal." But I've still kept with it, making mostly better choices, moving more, and feel a whole lot better for it.

I'm not to my goal yet, and am trying to maintain right now since my fiance and I are getting married next week and my wedding dress fits me perfectly. Back to it as soon as we're back from the honeymoon!

Enough with the blabbing, here are the goods:

2006 - feeling fat, sweaty and gross (bonus: an also sweaty Jeff Martin - it was really hot in that club!):

suCdMg5.jpg

2009 - I felt great about this dress and how I looked, until I saw this picture...

6k9t2fZ.jpg

Early Sept 2012 - starting to feel a bit better, having lost about 20lbs:

SLmZ51Z.jpg

Late Sept 2012 - trying on my wedding dress and feeling pretty good!

XlAGPzT.jpg

March 2013 - feeling even better, despite having been attacked by a makeup-crazed saleswoman at the department store:

tYhlSQ4.jpg

April 2013 - feeling great, but I'm being attacked by a veil, ahh!

SJ17Piv.jpg

Sorry for the crazy faces.. I'm terrible at posing for the camera. I sure hope my wedding pictures look nicer :)

Lastly - comparison pictures!

C3iI1Ci.jpg

Edit - and I fail at posting pictures!

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    suCdMg5.jpg
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    Can't see pics
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options
    Nice
  • Aedrah
    Options
    Fixed it - sorry bout that! I forgot the whole change the case of IMG to img. :)
  • StArBeLLa87
    Options
    Nice. I. 5" 5 SW 203 CW 178. So close
  • MarielStarr
    MarielStarr Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome job! You can really see a huge difference in you face, now it is more defined. Btw your hair is so pretty!
  • gillianonelove
    Options
    Please be clear - You were beautiful before AND after! You're just healthier now and such an inspiration - wedding dress and all! Thank you for that!
    Gillian
  • savemama
    savemama Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • Aedrah
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Best wishes! You ARE beautiful! :-)

I hope your wedding is as lovely as you are!
  • MurderMeSomeFat
    MurderMeSomeFat Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Please be clear - You were beautiful before AND after! You're just healthier now and such an inspiration - wedding dress and all! Thank you for that!
    Gillian
    I agree with Gillian!!!!
  • sunfire1781
    Options
    im starting out at around the same weight i have lost 16 lbs since feb... if u have any tips id appreciate it and congrats on ur weight loss
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    the difference is amazing... and I LOVE your wedding dress!
  • Aedrah
    Options
    im starting out at around the same weight i have lost 16 lbs since feb... if u have any tips id appreciate it and congrats on ur weight loss

Congrats on losing 16 lbs since Feb - that's great! Doesn't sound like you need my advice haha :)

I just kept at it, and tried to make better choices. I didn't follow any one particular "diet" and basically treated my calorie allotment as a budget. On the days where I knew I would be eating a lot, like gatherings, I did more exercise those days. Leslie Sandsone's videos on Youtube (3 mile walk) are a staple when the weather is bad, otherwise I just walk outside, including to do groceries and shopping/errands.

The biggest thing is not beating yourself up when you don't do something perfectly. That's something I've always struggled with, but this time I knew that one "bad" day didn't matter as long as I got right back to it.

Good luck!
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Your Dress is beautiful!

I go to try mine on this weekend! I am crossing my fingers it fits!
  • maryannelk
    maryannelk Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Totally agree about getting back and not obsessing when we're not perfect. You'll be a gorgeous happy bride!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!