Happy to just be overweight!

Options
SheilAnneSmith
SheilAnneSmith Posts: 202 Member
Who would think falling into the "overweight" category would make you so happy!

I started out on my journey Feb 2012, and joined MFP in April 2012. So far I've gone from 302 to 184, taking me from that ugly word Obese, down to just being overweight! What a difference a year can make!

I've learned to be more stubborn than my body, I hovered at 190 for what seemed like forever before finally dipping low enough to get below that "overweight" threshold! I'll be dang sure my doctor changes what my medical chart says next time I am in there, that stupid obese word can be erased for ever!

What do I do? Work hard and keep at it. No reason to give up, because if I give up today, it's just going to take me that much longer to get my goal. I love homegrown steak and pork and garden fresh veggies. Most of my cardio work is walking, gardening and hiking, with an occasional elliptical trip if the weather flat out sucks. I lift, and lift as heavy as I can. I love watching guys have to decrease the weights when they get to a machine after me. (I use weight machines because I work out alone, no spotters for this gal, but I prefer not having to wait around for anyone else to do their thing, instead I can work harder in the time I have)

I've gone from a size 24 jeans to a size 10. I used to wear a 2XL Tshirt, now I wear a medium. I even have a women's sized medium shirt I just bought. My ring size has gone from an 11 to a 7. My shoe size has gone from an 11 to 9 1/2 womens.

98f330af-4b81-412b-93f1-f23e5fed2aba_zps4cf3e0cc.jpg

Replies

• CupcakeKendra
    CupcakeKendra Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Hawaiito185April2013_zps3ae818c8.jpg

GREAT PROGRESS!! WOW!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    amazing job girl!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
  • Sherriediva1
    Sherriediva1 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    'CLAP, CLAP' - YOU FREAKIN' ROCK!!! :bigsmile:
  • bassls
    bassls Posts: 5
    Options
    good job!!
  • romerojg
    romerojg Posts: 9
    Options
    Perfect reason to celebrate, congratulations!

I celebrated when I went from morbidly obese to simply obese. I still have not madeoverweight but I am on the way.
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!! Don't ever give up on yourself. I was 282 at my highest. Down to 221, but now I'm hovering too. Your story was very motivational, and it gave me that extra drive to keep pushing through it.
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are AWESOME!!! I'm trying to get down to just overweight. Lol Sounds silly to other people, but we understand. Thanks for sharing. I've been feeling discouraged but seeing your progress has renewed my faith in myself. At 19 when I got married I was 165, at 20 1/2 I got up to 243 the day after I had my son, and now I'm at my heaviest at 283. :/...... Trying to get my sexy back. Thanks again for sharing
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Great job! All it takes is hardwork and dedication and you can achieve your goals :)
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look so wonderful! x
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    such an awesome post! you can see so much change in the right side pic - i'm sure you're loving the feeling of change too! keep up the great work. way to motivate us all :)
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic journey. You look amazing nd you hav a great attitude:flowerforyou:
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    You look great!! Congrats!!!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! Huge inspiration - keep up the great work!!!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    WOO F*CKIN' WOO! Go girl! Wonderful...
  • kluedesigns
    kluedesigns Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    OMG!

you are so beautiful, both inside and out.

you're an amazing person and a true inspiration to us all
  • keriberi9
    keriberi9 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I just switched to the overweight category too :) You have quite a transformation!!!
  • azanne07
    azanne07 Posts: 32
    Options
    great job
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I totally understand and I think you ROCK !!

Congrats !! You are fantastic !!
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Honestly...you don't even look like the same person!!! Well done! :drinker:
  • ruckerbenton
    Options
    Thanks for posting. You are inspiration to me. I sure hope I can do the same. You are incredible!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!