Not losing lately, any sugestions?

Options
Good evening,

I have lost 25 pounds in the past 9 months using the app on my phone. I am not losing weight, I have been trying to stay within 1200 calories a day. I've changed the setting to lose 1 pound a week and the calorie count has now gone to 1490 from 1200. Does that sound right? I don't exercise much, mostly walking, I teach in the day and waitress 3 nights a week, so I am usually exhausted, but I do walk daily. Any suggestions?

Thanks ~ denise

Replies

• blackgold86
    blackgold86 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi Denise,

Are you logging accurately? Are you weighing and measuring your food?

Eyeballing can be inaccurate sometimes.

What is your activity level set as? Maybe have a look at that too.
  • auntiededee
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I do measure, weigh and use the barcodes when available. My weight has just stalled and I'm not sure if increasing the calories will actually help, but I will try it at this point. I do cheat, I love pizza once a week, but I am never over more than 300 calories a week. Maybe I eat too late sometimes, but when your starving after working 2 jobs, what do you eat?

Thanks Again...
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Hmmm teaching is considered "lightly active" on MFP and waitressing is "active" Do you have your activity level set to one of these? I've found that it doesn't really matter how late you are eating or even so much what you are eating as long as you're within your calorie goals.

Perhaps consider figuring your BMR, TDEE, and TDEE -% and see how close it is to what MFP has given you.
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Bump it up to 1500 for about 2 weeks. then bring it back down slowly. I bet you are not getting enough calories.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I think you should EASILY be able to eat 1500 and lose weight. It would probably help you lose better to eat a more appropriate calorie count. I have never eaten below 1500 calories (currently averaging 1800 calories a day) and have always been able to lose weight on it.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Hmmm sure I saw a post just like this one but Titled just slightly different. Oh wait I did. :huh:
  • auntiededee
    Options
    I did post my request twice on two different boards, thanks for the advice though :laugh:
  • mom9198
    mom9198 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I had a similar issue. I've since bumped up my activity level by a lot and my calories up 200/day. Hopefully that will work. Good luck!
  • auntiededee
    Options
    Thanks for the reply, I'm not aware of BMR, and TDEE, I have the setting set for teacher, thanks for the advice. I will do some research.