Embarrassed

Options
:blushing:
Okay so I feel like I am a little embarrassed, I was working with the personal trainer today and I guess I was physically challange and I found that I grunt, I think that if I had to describe it, I would say that it is lady like........The question is, is that common for women. Maybe I am just shy but I feel silly and am a bit distracted by it. I don't want it to take away from my workout. I can't recall hearing other girls in the gym, but I am not sure that I have taken the time to notice though. Anyone else in this situation?

Replies

• BluePHX
    BluePHX Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Heck ya! When I move up a to a higher weight bracket, I'm all like, "ARRRGGGGHHHHH" on the last one or two reps just because my strength is not quite there yet. Not ridiculously loud to where people stare or anything, but it's definitely audible. It helps, and is better than biting down or grinding your teeth instead. Easier on the fillings. :)
  • Snikkee
    Snikkee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I grunt all the time. lol. not with everything I do, but with heavier weights or certain movements it is unavoidable.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    YES!

It helps get that last bit of energy to power through! Grunt away!!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I'm lucky enough to have a weights, weight bench, etc. etc. at home. But yes...I grunt and scream. Why the hell not!
  • Brianna72994
    Brianna72994 Posts: 887
    Options
    I don't grunt. I clench my teeth, which is probably more damaging lol. But it's normal, I hear people making noise all the time at the gym
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Heehee...Its better to grunt while working out than to grunt while pigging out! :wink:
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    You should hear the ladies grunt during a tennis match. There is no shame in grunting. Use it to get your reps done!
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    It doesn't take away from your workout. You ever hear a woman give birth with no meds?
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    i grunt at the gym, in bed, when lifting something heavy at the market...not embarrassed at all.
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    Alright then.....I will not be embarrassed, I will work hard and do what I have to do (as lady like as I can) :wink: Thanks!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    I grunt whenever I'm doing something exceptionally difficult - if you're not grunting a little, you're probably not working hard enough imo! :)
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    women who grunt are wicked sexy in the gym
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    This is the sound I make..

Uhhhhhhhhhhh hhhuuuuuhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

and repeat about 200x
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    I grunt whenever I'm doing something exceptionally difficult - if you're not grunting a little, you're probably not working hard enough imo! :)
    You know I did consider that for myself, I felt like it was a reinforcement that it was challanging.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    people dont grunt in the gym. they grunt getting out of bed when theres nothing to look forward to or grunt when are forced to do some unwanted errand.

in the gym. its not a grunt. its a battle cry.
  • Mpol2
    Mpol2 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Heck ya! When I move up a to a higher weight bracket, I'm all like, "ARRRGGGGHHHHH" on the last one or two reps just because my strength is not quite there yet. Not ridiculously loud to where people stare or anything, but it's definitely audible. It helps, and is better than biting down or grinding your teeth instead. Easier on the fillings. :)

Exactly this!
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    people dont grunt in the gym. they grunt getting out of bed when theres nothing to look forward to or grunt when are forced to do some unwanted errand.

in the gym. its not a grunt. its a battle cry.
    I like the battle cry!!!
  • ChristineH1001
    Options
    Thanks I don't feel as embarrassed! Glad I asked:happy: !
  • Mommylicous
    Mommylicous Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I almost wish I grunted...

I squeak. :embarassed:

But, it does get a few giggles out of the super ripped guys around me, so I guess it's not that bad. Most of them have gotten used to it by now :laugh:
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I grunt, swear, and growl :laugh: anything to get those last few reps out