I hate exercising...

navstar
navstar Posts: 113 Member
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
I really do hate it :grumble: , hated sports at school too, (I wasn't even overweight then!) But I WILL get up 45 mins early everyday to get my workout out of the way, that way its done (I do the housework first thing to for the same reason). I don't enjoy working out I like it even less then cleaning the toilet!! :noway: and I don't think I ever will (but I reserve the right to change my mind!!:bigsmile: )

BUT I WILL DO IT EVERYDAY I WILL because I look after my mother in law who is morbidly obese, diabetic,is blind due to diabetes ,on dialysis 3 times a week, has sleep apnoea due to her weight, and is practically bed bound. Living with her has made me realise that THIS body is the only one I will ever get and I HAVE to look after it or I will end up like her, being looked after by someone else, and having to give up my Independence.:frown:

So come with me as I travel down the hard road to fitness, who'll come with me?

Replies

• tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Seeing someone in such poor health mainly due to weight is a good motivation. Good for you. I hated sports too. I have been enjoying walking and doing the elliptical, but not an overall exercise fan. I do it because I want to be healthy.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Glad you have the motivation to do the exercises even though you don't like them. I can certainly appreciate your sentiments, as I have been on this journey for 7+ months now and thought I would grow to like exercising, since I hear so many people say they cannot miss a workout or they feel like something is wrong; but unfortunately that is not the case. I just do it because I know I need too. My mother, who is in a nursing home, is also obese and that is the main reason she is in a nursing home. She has been my motivation to lose weight, so guess that is a positive thing. Keep up what you are doing! Proud of your efforts.
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    I hated doing exercise as well. Can't tell you all of the tricks that I pulled growing up to get out of PE (and boy do I regret all of that now!). I was happy going to bed and watching tv and waking up at 7. Or so I thought.

My husband and I get up at 5:30 to do P90X and it is the only exercise I don't mind doing. We had an elliptical for a couple of years that I rarely used (too many excuses to list that I used). The thing is, you have to find something that is fun, that challenges you, and that works! Hope you find that program for you.
  • LifesPilgrim
    LifesPilgrim Posts: 498 Member
    I totally hear you! I hated sports in high school too. My epiphany was when I could not keep up with my kids on a scouting trip and decided that would change. I feel so much better when I get even a short workout done!
  • Exercising is probably one of the best things you can do to stay fit. I have been going to Curves for Women for 4 years and go 5 days a week. I absolutely love it! You feel so good after you exercise. You are happier, and even sleep better.
  • I am not a huge fan of excersise either...BUT I do want to lose weight.. I asked my husband to get me an ellpitical a few years back for Mothers Day, and man it is really hard! I have never done an elliptical that is so hard to actually move the petals (maybe because its still new and we have to work it out to get easier??) anyway, that sat and sat for years... then I found TAE BO with Billy Blanks and I remember doing this in Jr. High School and I loved it.. Its kinda like kickboxing, and its so much fun.. well I saw this kit of TAE BO at Walmart that has 5 different dvds to work out to with a amped bar (weight bar) and I bought it.. I started working out with it and I loved it.. it got me moving.. and sweating and I got to the point that if I didn't work out I didn't feel good.. So I even excersised on Saturdays! Well... then I started feeling sick and stopped working out and later found out I was pregnant.. so only 3 months ago today I gave birth to my baby C-Section.. and afterwards I was like I NEED to lose this baby weight (he is my last baby I am having) so I have been asking my hubby to get us the Wii and we finally did along with the Wii Fit Plus and the Biggest Loser Wii Game.. and oh my gosh I LOVE the Wii Fit Plus.. it really works you out and its kinda like your playing games... Some days I just want to keep going with the Wii Fit just to beat my best score or whatever.. The Wii is kinda expensive but SO worth it!! and now I am back to incorporating all of my excersises and hopefully I will be able to do the elliptical for longer sometime soon... Good luck in finding something you enjoy!!
This discussion has been closed.