Looking for breakfast options...

Options
thumperamy
thumperamy Posts: 2 Member
I eat oatmeal almost everyday because I can make it and eat it on the way to work... I've got to find some variety so I don't give up....

Replies

• michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cottage cheese with jam, fried egg sandwich... a few on-the-go options...
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt, mix in honey (or splenda), vanilla extract and cinnamon and it's awesome. I also throw in a handful of whole grain cereal too.
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Today I put tuna salad on toast, threw it in a bowl with 2 petite dill pickles, and grabbed a 1 oz bag of Panera bread chips<<<Not something I do normally, usually I stay away from potatoes and white or refined, but they had been on the counter for a week and they fit into my day, so I confess, I DID IT!

Anywho...I used a bowl so the sandwich wouldn't slide, like it would on a paper plate, and sat it on the passenger seat, ate it at red lights, stop signs, etc...and IT WAS TASTY! Where there's a will, there's a way!
  • poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Pizza...... coat small skillet with spray, scramble 2 or 3 eggs in a bowl, bet well. Add to skillet. leave flat and cook until alomost done through. Add pizza sauce over top, turkey pepperoni and some mozzarella bake in oven till bubbly. Low carb and satisfies a pizza craving as well as great protein.
  • recesq
    recesq Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Buy a couple of half sheet pans and criss crossed wire racks.
    On Sunday, coat the racks with olive oil spray, and lay strips of bacon across them from end to end.
    Put them in a pre heated 400 degree oven for 25-30 minutes depending on thick slice or not, and depending on how well done you like your bacon.
    After you let them cool.....put them in single serving ziplocs.
    Each morning you now have bacon-just nuke it....and you can nuke an egg or two, and toast some whole grain low carb toast....all in under 5 minutes and be out the door with a great healthy egg and bacon sandwich.

I also vote for mrsbigsmack's suggestions too.
  • spartyfan77
    Options
    I make 12 mini fritattas every week for on the go breakfast... super easy to micro at the office and eat at my desk. A lifesaver and the options are endless depending on my mood.
  • mtbardell2013
    Options
    I love my single-serve blender! My favorite blend is:
    1.5 cups frozen blueberries
    1 cup plain, unsweetened greek yogurt.
    1 tbsp chia seeds
    .5 tbsp coconut oil
    a bit of stevia or honey
    just enough lukewarm leftover green tea for easy blending

this is the blender I use, it's available at Target or Walmart I'm sure:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beach-51103-Single-Blender/dp/B002V8ZEXW
  • fayehjort
    fayehjort Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal. I would make a batch of refigerator oatmeal in a mason jar and away we go. Here is a website that has super easy and fast recipes. I do mine slightly different but you get the idea :) Or I would make up a few hard boiled eggs and take one for breakfast.

http://www.theyummylife.com/Refrigerator_Oatmeal

Yesterday I started a lower carb, eat clean combo and I miss this. Now I just have an apple on my way to work ha ha ! Good luck :)
  • sdel83
    sdel83 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i have a green smoothie at least 5 times a week and alternating days i will have a quinoa cup - like a mini omelet made with quinoa, egg, egg white, ham, cheese, onion, mushroom...you could really throw anything in there. i make a big batch once every two months and store in the freezer
  • FezzesRCool
    FezzesRCool Posts: 36
    Options
    Smoothies can be made portable easily. I have heard of this single serving blender (I think it's called The Bullet), but sometimes I make a few servings worth in my standard blender and then use it over the course of the next couple days. If you get a good protein shake, that can keep you full for a while. Some use soy milk, but I have an absolute love for Blue Diamonds half almond milk/half coconut milk, which is healthier than even dairy skim milk (a cup of the half and half is 60 calories while fat free skim is 85 a cup, plus the calcium is higher in the half and half).

Sometimes to indulge my sweet tooth, I do get the chocolate almond milk and do this:

4 oz. slivered almonds
    2 bananas
    3 cups chocolate almond milk

You've got to put the almonds in first and pulse them so they're a powder otherwise it's kinda gritty. It comes to 235 calories. :) I love blending. You can mix and match lots of flavors. Mango and papaya. Make a mixed berry smoothie with strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and raspberries. Sometimes I compliment with a fruit juice for the liquid, but soy milk is an excellent source of protein and, particularly if it's sweetened with vanilla, can improve the taste.

Just get a little thermos and take it on the go in either your car or on a walk.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I have one slice of Ezekiel bread, toasted with 1 slice of deli ham and about 1/2 tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter. It sounds gross, but it's feeling and keeps me satisfied until mid afternoon.