favourite super healthy dessert :D

Options

Replies

• stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    A souffle omelet.

Pre-heat broiler
    Heat small saute pan on med heat, w/ your choice of non-stick (butter, spray, wipe of oil)

Separate two eggs. Keep one egg yolk - save or trash the other.
    Beat the egg yolk with 1/2 tsp. sugar (optional) until light yellow.
    Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
    Fold whites and yolk together, pour in small saute pan and cook until bottom is golden and top surface looks dry.
    Put pan under broiler and watch carefully - remove when omelet has puffed and surface is golden

Serve with fruit of your choice. A sprinkle of spice (cinnamon, nutmeg) and/or powdered sugar goes well, as does a drizzle of melted chocolate.

If you leave out all sugar, you can serve with typical savory omelet fillings and it's just as good. I usually use an assortment of roasted veggies, diced ham and a bit of fontina. Salt and pepper to taste.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,627 Member
    Options
    http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/fastfood/desserts/quick-raspberry-and-banana-ice-cream

Similar in spirit to the OP's recipe. You can skip the custard altogether, or replace with a few tablespoons of skim milk or low fat yoghurt. The berries don't add that much flavor. I think they serve to improve the color, for the most part.
  • angied1226
    angied1226 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Frozen fat free Cool Whip mixed with PB2
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder
    1/4 c. + 1/8 c. unsweetened almond milk
    3 frozen strawberries

blend in food processor, scrape into bowl and put in freezer for 15 min. or so

yummy protein ice cream i eat this almost every night
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Yum ... thanks for sharing.
  • orapronobis
    orapronobis Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Fruit with a drizzle of honey.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Breyer's ice cream. Depending on the flavor (I have about 6 in my freezer), about 140 calories a portion.
  • photojunkie28
    photojunkie28 Posts: 292
    Options
    vegan black bean protein brownie with a 1/2 c. greek yogurt any flavor on the side. To me it has the appeal/texture of brownies and ice cream.

Google black bean protein brownie and you'll find different variations. It sounds kinda gross but take it from someone who hates beans...THEY R DELIGHTFUL
  • connielouivey
    connielouivey Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • fit_crow
    fit_crow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Raspberries with melted coconut butter drizzled on top! The coconut hardens almost immediately, and the richness goes so well with the light berries. Not the lightest in calories I guess (200 to 300 depending on how much coconut butter) but still healthy and so so delicious.
  • Johlawrence
    Johlawrence Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    These sound great! I've gotten some good ideas!
  • Starstamp
    Starstamp Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'll have to try that.
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    My favourite super-fast and super healthy desert: banana-chocolate ice cream.
    Peel bananas and cut them into pieces. freeze. when you want the ice cream, place into blender with some water and cocoa powder. blend. done! super healthy and only about 120 kcal per portion.
    Enjoy!!!

that's a good idea! i love a bowl of fruit/nuts in almond milk. a little too much... haha
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt and honey
  • Jessicupcake20
    Options
    my favorite is a cup of vanilla pudding and a little bith of orange juice in a cup, it tastes just like a creamsicle :happy:
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    panna cotta...lordy, this stuff is GREAT!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • agulamali
    agulamali Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    1 tbsp Maranatha Dark Chocolate Almond spread melted mixed with 4 oz vanilla greek yogurt. This turns into a high protein, low calorie, delicious chocolate pudding. It's also very fast and easy to make.
  • AlayshaJ
    AlayshaJ Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I think I view healthy a lot differently than most people on this website after reading these people 'healthy' snacks.

low cal does not mean healthy.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Microwave "baked" apples
    1 apple - sliced and peeled (I used 5 oz gala apple)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1/2 tsp sugar
    1/2 tsp cornstarch
    1-2 tsp water

Put apple slices in plastic microwave safe bag. Mix dry ingredients together - pour into bag and shake until apple slices are coated. Add water to bag. Microwave for 2 minutes or until apples are soft.
    Approximately 100 calories

MMMMMM - think I will go make one now!