hello all! i am very happy to be here!

Options
I have been keeping a food journal daily, but have not been using the support system. Not sure why, but I think it's about time I made some friends here. :)
Have I lost weight.? .... umm sort of, well, ok , not really, but I do have more energy and feel so much happier and less stressed since I have joined the local gym and have been working out often. I have noticed my body is looking different if not actually weighing much less.
I used to hate to work out ,and now I can't wait to be on that treadmill!
(Maybe I was a hampster in my last life and spent all day running circles on the wheel)
- at any rate, I am motivated and hopefully I can keep it up long enough to see some results. My goal is to be able to get back into my old clothes if not back into the shape I was in when i was in my 20's-
lol! wouldn't we all love to be able to do that! :)
I can dream can't I ? :)

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome
  • missylin815
    Options
    Hi! I have lost 13 lbs in 13 weeks. I have also been doing a weight loss fitness class for 12 weeks and just started my next 12 week class. I also work with a trainer and a nutritionist. I can't say I love exercising but it is working. Clothes are starting to fit again. This is hard but I am determined - I'm 57 and have a husband and 4 children. Two girls are 23 and 24 and have graduated college and work full time. Two boys are 20 and 18 both in college. I wish this could be over already but it's not.
  • liltamztamz
    Options
    Thank you! :smile:
  • liltamztamz
    Options
    Even though we love our kids, it's amazing to see how much more time we have to focous on ourselves and what we need when they move out.
    I am loosing three teenagers- all just graduated this year. They are moving out on "their own" very soon.
    I will still have the two little ones but I am looking forward to less laundry, less dishes, messes etc so I can devote more time to excercising and eating right.
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome lots of support here!
  • janet67
    janet67 Posts: 38
    Options
    Welcome. . .glad you decided to introduce yourself. I've been on the site three weeks and have lost 5 pounds. I love the ease of keeping up with calories, fat, carbs, protein. I also love the positive comments from "friends." Please feel free to add me as a friend!
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Welcome! There is a lot of support here!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome aboard
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!
  • liltamztamz
    Options
    great no smoking or drinking for so long- I know that can be just as hard, if not harder then simply loosing weight. you are sure taking on a lot of life challenges and seem to be doing excellent! keep up the great work- your inspiring!