Day Five of Sobriety

Options
2»

Replies

• Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    First of all congratulation on doing a great job:flowerforyou:
    I used to drink ocasionally ( every ocasion I could find:bigsmile: ) but I gave it up. It's not that much fun if you think about the extra money you spend, calories you put on and the next day when you remember what dumm thing you did, because you weren't thinking clearly, not even to think about hangovers.:grumble: THere are lots of great ideas on here for you ,maybe it would be an insentive to put the money you are saving in a piggybank and in a couple of month be able to reward you and hubby with a weekend away or a new outfit or whatever you would like?
    I now enjoy going out, it doesn't bother me at all when other people drink, but I have to say I feel so much better knowing that I'm not going to waist my next day or even 2 days being hung over and sick. I lost a few aquaintances(sp?) along he way but I don't miss them at all, gained a lot of friends....
    I wish you a great healthy weekend:flowerforyou:

The only person I really hang out with at all is my hubby. :happy: And he's trying to get better with it because it causes him anxiety attacks for some reason. And so far, he has only had one drink a night, and I am very proud of him. Right now, I'd love to fit into my fav summer dress from a few years ago....that I can't zip right now. :tongue: That's my motivation. That and my health. The next expensive habit I have to break is my Starbucks addiction. The coffee isn't helping my head any more :tongue: lol..

Thanks so much for all of the help and I will fill y'all in on Monday!
    XOX
    M
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    Hi Megan - How are you doing?
    Ms. Syd
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Your doing great! I quit drinking altogether and stop eating at work and lost 28 pounds. I use to Drink Merlot (think that's how you spell it) everyday. Few bottles week . Wasn't good for me at all. I quit cold turkey.
  • sydenham24
    sydenham24 Posts: 33
    Options
    checking in - how's everyone doing?