Welcome to MFP. Don’t worry, there’s cliff notes.

Options

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    mmm..... bacon

okay now that i have gotten that off my chest - this is by far one of the BEST HANDS DOWN BEST posts ever! thank you for taking the time and writing this. i hope everyone sees this post and READS IT!

the only teeny tiny itty bitty point i would like to add is this: as an instantaneous society we have forgotten what long term means. long term is NOT i repeat NOT a month or 3 months or 6 months it's longer, possibly for life because that's exactly what we are dealing with here peeps our lives we want to be healthy so we live longer.

:bigsmile:
  • amos481
    amos481 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mk_hammer
    mk_hammer Posts: 105
    Options
    best post ever. thanks!
  • BajaDreamin333
    BajaDreamin333 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Awesome information, with a very easy to understand delivery. Thank you - we are listening....
  • sehguhnaoj
    sehguhnaoj Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    thanks for information - will read later
  • Chejan
    Chejan Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Very helpful information. Thank you!
  • jenbod72
    jenbod72 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you! Great post! have been struggling over the last couple of months beating myself up over my 10lb weight gain, which is the result of a 4 month super strict diet and muscle building regimen...followed by a period where I lapsed into "normal" eating patterns and only moderate exercise instead of the hardcore lifting/cardio I had been doing. It was totally unsustainable and although for a few short months I had the body I always wanted I could not continue for the long run.

“The best diet or the best workout means nothing if you can’t sustain it long term.” ...AND... “This is a long term process, and the key to success is long term consistency.” That was exactly what I needed to hear, thank you!
  • flywithabowtie
    flywithabowtie Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    This should be the first post that people see when they log in to the forums before they are allowed to make a post
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    THANKS, bump!
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Good info!
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm bacon...oh and good information.
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great info!
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    what a wonderful post! thank you and finally someone who makes sense and not preaching their own agenda... to you sir!:drinker:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Should be required reading. Awesome job.
  • AnderMama88
    AnderMama88 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thank you! All of the info can get pretty overwhelming. This is exactly what I need.. Love it!
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    This so needs to be a sticky. Well worded and excellent advice for new MFPers.

AGREED

:flowerforyou: great post
  • Tendlr
    Tendlr Posts: 17
    Options
    bump
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I needed to see the big picture in a nutshell .... esp. as a newby to MFP.

Awesome! Thank you!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Thanks much for posing this! This was way more helpful than other things I’ve read but I'm still a little confused as to the whole acronym thing, NEAT/TDEE/WTF. If I go off of MFP and only eat my 1200 calories and then burn 600 calories and do not eat them back what happens? Does my body go into starvation mode?

And way ahead of you on the bacon thing! LOL!

Go back and re-read. It doesn't matter WHERE you calculate, it matters HOW you calculate, and that's what dictates whether or not you eat back exercise cals.