Fitbit? Worth it and which one?

Options
servilia
servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
Those of you who got a fitbit, do you feel it's worth it? Is one model better than the other? Thanks!

Replies

• Bonny619
    Bonny619 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit One. I have been using it since March 1st. Did it help me lose any more weight? No, not at all. BUT it's been interesting to use and motivating to move more.
  • ShandaLeaS
    ShandaLeaS Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit One and it really helps motivate me on days I'd rather just watch tv and not do anything. I have noticed I have more energy now (probably because I'm not just vegging out 20/24 hours a day)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    I had an older one. I'm a numbers man so I liked it. It was about 250cals short on my lifting estimates I found.
  • PaliDNAnge
    PaliDNAnge Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I just started using the Fitbit One. I really like it since it makes me realize how active or inactive I've been. Helps me challenge myself to move more.
  • OMGeeeHorses
    OMGeeeHorses Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I didn't care for the fitbit one, I don't see how something can calculate my body and what it does, when its just clipped to my shirt or pants. I returned it for a body media core armband and am happy I did :) has helped me loose 7lbs so far.
  • sexymuffintop
    sexymuffintop Posts: 636
    Options
    I didn't care for the fitbit one, I don't see how something can calculate my body and what it does, when its just clipped to my shirt or pants. I returned it for a body media core armband and am happy I did :) has helped me loose 7lbs so far.

What does a body media do that the fitbit doesn't then? I thought they were similar?
  • GeekAmour
    GeekAmour Posts: 262
    Options
    I love, love, love my fitbit one & would recommend it to anybody!

I have a polar HRM that I wear on my workouts sometimes to push myself more & the calorie burn from that is always really close to the fitbit estimation, which I find amazing but awesome.

It's like... a tiny cheerleader, motivating you to move more & more each day, I really think I would be lost without it. I decided on the one instead of the zip because I know how terrible I am at changing batteries, and the one instead of waiting for the flex because I like the more accurate read of the one on the body vs on the wrist, and I wanted to be able to see all the different info displays on the one, glad too because those are often the most motivating for me.

I hope you get one, I don't now anyone personally that has bought one & regretted it. :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I love my One so much I got one for a person on here, one for hubby & one for my son. We all wear it 24/7. It motivates you a huge amount. I walked 20km today to get some eggs..... yep 20km cause I wanted the steps. Normally I'd have caught the bus. I took the long way around to get them as well. I could have still walked & done it in 5km, but I went to the further supermarket to get them instead.

I do a minimum of 20,000 steps a day & that can sometimes include my 10km run...depending on how I feel.

Get it. Get the One. Forget the Flex, it wont show you how you are going as you are going & does not do stairs.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks everyone! That was really useful info.