Hi :-)

Options
Hey there.

I'm Jen, I'm a nurse in the uk, and like many of my colleagues I've long since forgotten what having a regular schedule around mealtimes feels like. I grab food on the run; snack in my occasional 10 minute breaks; do without when I'm too tired to cook after long shifts; and comfort eat when I'm lonely or struggling.

Lately, in a stressful new job I began to lose weight witout trying. I'm determined to keep it going so I've been working hard, I've gone back to running and trying to eat sensibly basically.

I'm already over a stone down and feeling much better, but I've over another stone to lose so tonight I've joined here to try to find motivation and learn to monitor what I'm doing thanks to seeing a friend use the site. I'd love to hear how other people stay on track...

Bring on the weight loss and a more confident me! :-D

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Good for you for setting some healthy goals for yourself! I try to get some kind of exercise in 6 days a week and stay under my calorie allowance by MFP. I have also found that taking part in some of the challenges keeps me motivated! Welcome and good luck on your journey!!!:flowerforyou:
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome
  • tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. You will find a lot of support here. Good for you for setting up a healthier lifestyle.:smile:
  • Melaniestella
    Options
    Hi, I just started 30 ago. I'm down 18 pounds. My daughter also started the same day as me and she is down 19 pounds. We are glad to have each other and we have used this site to announce to our friends and family as well. We love the fact that this site not only keep track of what we eat but also our exercise. I find this site so easy to use. We are determined to lose 150 and 140 pounds respectfully.
  • kmulhollen
    kmulhollen Posts: 54
    Options
    Hi!
    So glad to have you on here and that you are getting on track. This is a great site for keeping track of exercise and calories and of course the support of mfp friends. That is the component that really makes a difference I think so ADD FRIENDS is my advice.
    I will send a friend request to you.
    Katie
  • JenJelly
    JenJelly Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcomes! :-D