Replies

• catnap007
    catnap007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping too! I love hallucinating lol
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    i actually enjoy sleeping but i have troubles sleeping cuz i have a sleeping disorder... so i am split in the middle i guess lol
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    If one hates sleeping, then the chances of weight loss may be short lived. One actually burns more body fat sleeping (especially in deep sleep) for 6-8 hours than say 2 hours of exercise.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Hate against sleeping and pooping what's next breathing?
  • hakudoshi82
    hakudoshi82 Posts: 29
    Options
    If one hates sleeping, then the chances of weight loss may be short lived. One actually burns more body fat sleeping (especially in deep sleep) for 6-8 hours than say 2 hours of exercise.

No…
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    It feels good but I agree there's just so much else to do.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    All of you Pro-sleeping people are lazy and should be flogged.

don't mean to offend anyone.....

but even though I sleep A LOT..... Im in way better shape than you.... maybe your problem isn't with the sleeping time, but it is with the couch and the food.. they should be your enemies... you should hate the couch and fries LOL
  • ninerbuff
    Options

No…
    Yes. When one exercises, glycogen is first burned off. Depending on intensity, glycogen stores can last up to an hour (even more if the intensity of the exercise is moderate).

Fat is burned EXCLUSIVELY when you sleep. The body doesn't store carbs or protein. It stores fat. And fat is the primary fuel when the body is at rest. Not disputed by science.

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=746184

http://highlifeworkout.com/2012/01/23/how-sleep-helps-you-burn-fat-and-build-muscle-faster/

IDEA Fitness member
  • Iknewyouweretrouble
    Iknewyouweretrouble Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping and I hate waking up. yep!
  • Bettyeditor
    Bettyeditor Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I guess I do. I always stay up too late instead of sleeping. It's a problem. I don't know how to cure myself.

When I do finally go to bed, I fall asleep instantly sleep like a baby and never wake up until morning. So it seems to agree with me.... LOL

Why I just don't go to bed earlier and get more sleep is a mystery to me.
  • Bettyeditor
    Options
    Sleeping is one of my favorite pastimes!

But.... you are unconscious during it.... :indifferent:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

but even though I sleep A LOT..... Im in way better shape than you.... maybe your problem isn't with the sleeping time, but it is with the couch and the food.. they should be your enemies... you should hate the couch and fries LOL

Meow

Um I'm pretty sure he was joking.
  • Bettyeditor
    Options

No…
    Yes. When one exercises, glycogen is first burned off. Depending on intensity, glycogen stores can last up to an hour (even more if the intensity of the exercise is moderate).

Fat is burned EXCLUSIVELY when you sleep. The body doesn't store carbs or protein. It stores fat. And fat is the primary fuel when the body is at rest. Not disputed by science.

http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=746184

http://highlifeworkout.com/2012/01/23/how-sleep-helps-you-burn-fat-and-build-muscle-faster/

IDEA Fitness member

Oh wow..... that was an amazing article. Wow. I'm still in shock. You have just given me a reason to fight harder to get myself into bed.... Thank you for posting
  • vanessamcinnis
    vanessamcinnis Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping. It is a giant waste of time and I could be doing anything, ANYTHING ELSE. Sure, it is a great way for your body to recover and allows your mind to rest so you don't start hallucinating and go insane. And great for "alone time". And caffeine in the morning is awesome. But still.

Anyone else hate sleeping?

I LOVE sleeping...I look forward to a good night sleep...Plus I do night shifts and I always can't wait for bed haha
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

You don't really "get" things, do you?
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I hate sleeping!!! I hate it almost as much as I hate having to sit still for long periods of time (Most of the time I'm incredibly energetic). True, it's a must for the body, but honestly, I'll fight sleep for as long as I possibly can.
  • xLexa
    xLexa Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I am wasting time if i sleep too much, even if I have nothing to do... weird.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    I love dreaming. Hollywood couldn't create the weird yet entertaining material that is created by my subconscious.
  • candyass1
    candyass1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love sleeping unless I have a nightmare of me pooping then I dont like sleeping
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Also forgot to mention that GH peaks at sleep and GH is an important hormone that helps encourage fat loss.

IDEA Fitness member