Donated the big clothes!

Options
I didn't have as much to lose as some, but I wanted to share my success, and hopefully encourage those who cannot yet imagine their goal:

I just gave back four big bags of clothes to Goodwill. I say "gave back" because that's where most of them came from in the first place! :smile:
Large baggy shirts and 34 inch waist pants.

And I picked out two 31's and a 30 to replace them. And I know about vanity sizing and all that but if today's 30 is anything like a 30 of 20 years ago, then I'm back in high school territory now. Yes I can (still?) fit into my high school jeans, if I still had them.

Since it's been a pound or so a week for four months, I haven't really noticed or felt that different, and since I was mostly healthy even 19 pounds ago, most other people haven't noticed either. And I haven't really noticed either! It's easy to lose track of our accomplishments and improvements when they happen slowly. But that's really a 30 on the label right now!

This never would have happened if I had to use willpower or heroism. Just relax and type in everything I eat and let the computer guide me to come in under by 500 calories each day.

Although I will stress that I have not missed a single day logging in this entire time. And I know if I want to keep my success this will have to continue.

3 more lbs. to go to hit my ridiculous pie in the sky goal of 143. If you had told me that four months ago I would not have listened. I couldn't even imagine 147 until I got down to 155, and I couldn't even imagine trying for 143 until I got down to 147. At 143 I may have to start imagining abs!

I've lost 13% of my total body weight.

Wow.
Thanks for all the support.
And keep going.

Replies

• 4myheartnsoul
    Options
    Sounds like you have really been devoted and it is paying off...congrats!!! I have wondered, three years from know when the weight is off- will I still be logging into MFP? What about 10 years.... Logging has been such a big step to the loss. Keep up the great work and enjoy your glory:flowerforyou:
  • la4et
    la4et Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    It does feel good doesn't it. Keep up the great work and as for ABS I hope you find yours- I don;t think I have any
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That's SO awesome!!
    90066 Posts: 24
    Options
    Yeah I think we have to log in for life.
    Somehow I don't mind.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!