Vitamins- do you log them?

Options
Hi all,

I take a variety of supplements such as iron, fish oil capsules, magnesium, zinc, capsules with a whole lot of different vitamins in them etc- basically, I take around 10 capsules/tablets a day plus a liquid iron sachet. I know that's quite a lot and I am probably going a bit overboard but this is keeping in mind that I'm an 18 year old girl who doesn't eat much red meat and I like to eat junk food. I also live with my mum and she insists I take all of it.

I was wondering whether or not I should log them? I'm pretty sure most vitamins and that don't have a whole lot of calories in them, probably some in the fish oil and the casings, but it would impact my nutrient details log right?

Replies

• Fish_Fuzz
    Fish_Fuzz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I personaly log mine just as a reference to what my intakes are. I take gnc mens one a day which is loaded with b and c vitamins. Sometimes I get a little sluggish or dont feel motivated to work out. When I get like this I'll go back to my diary when I was running a lot and try to copy my foods and supplements during the energetic times. Keeping an accraute tab on what you put in your body also helps during Doctor visits to. I went for a physical and the doc asked me what I have been taking and eaing and I was able to pop out my MFP app and show him how often and how much.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I don't log mine. 10 calories a day aren't going to kill my diet. If I were tracking my nutrients (instead of just calories and macros) then I would.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Only the ones that have calories, as that's all I track.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    if they have calories, which many do, then they should be logged.
  • noctilumina
    noctilumina Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I log mine mainly to note to myself that I took them. Kind of the same reason I hit the counter each time I drink water until I hit 8 cups each day, and then don't bother if I drink more after that. I take a flaxseed oil supplement, a multivitamin, and recently I started taking a calcium supplement on the days I don't reach 100% RDA from my food alone.
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    No I don't log them, I take a multi vitamin and a glucosamine, Chrondotin, MSM and Vitamin C mix
  • Alison12121
    Alison12121 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I log mine. (45 calories per day with vitamins, fish oil and other supplements).
  • deathknote
    deathknote Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What about Muscle suppliments? I log the proteinauppliments i take, but i don't log the thermo pills or the recovery powders. You think i should be?
  • gingameister
    gingameister Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yep, I log my vitamins and supplements. They're just part of my daily logging routine.
  • annahlotr
    annahlotr Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I think you should log them. Not because of calories, but to track how much you're getting of the different supplements. It looks like you're taking two different types of iron. Is there a reason you need two types? Are any of the others overlapping? More isn't necessarily better when it comes to supplements.
  • josyk7
    josyk7 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yes I log them just to keep track of them!
  • fitnotfluffy
    fitnotfluffy Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Basically, I only log mine to remember whether I've taken them that day or not.
  • kattymatt
    kattymatt Posts: 20
    Options
    Anything I consume, I log.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    If I take a Emergen-c I log it.