I LOVE my exercise calories!!! <3

Options
arewethereyet
arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
I am working hard to stay within my calories 1200-1350 as I am back to lose the last 15 pounds. I lost the first 36 by eating 1200 base and every darn one of my exericse calories.

Some nights I would hit the food log and be at 1100.......without dinner. So I would hit the elliptical to burn another 200-300 so I could have a nice meal.

We would joke "Will work for food!!"

I could have set up for 1500 a day flat.........but something about working for that extra made it so worthwhile and ensured I would do my exercise each day.

Don't get me wrong, there were nights I had 1200 calories..........or the occasional 1100.......or God Forbid.....1600!!! :laugh:

I LOVE my exercise calories!!:love:

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I LOVE my exercise calories TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sometimes, not all the time, but occasionally when I'm exercising I fantasize about what treat I'll get with them. (My fiance and I are both on MFP, sometimes we go for DQ if we can spare it.)
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    looks like you have figured it out! great thinking!!
  • smalltowncutie82
    Options
    Love to put in my exercise calories. It says I get 2200 calories to reach my goal of a pound a week so I try not to eat all my exercise calories but I know they are there is I 'need' them!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I love my exercize calories too!! I don't always use them, but I like to know they are there if I do need them!!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    It also shows me that I am working towards this goal of being healthy.
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    It also shows me that I am working towards this goal of being healthy.

Ditto! I finally noticed that I'm not only reaching my daily goals, but I'm busting through my weekly goals! I love seeing those numbers!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I love exercise calories too!! It definitely allows me more leeway!! :drinker: :glasses: :wink:
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am trying to eat back nearly all of my exercise cals - but am finding it hard some days! I stuffed myself today and still feel like I should eat at least another 200 cals (still down by over 400 today). This is the first time I have had so many left over and been so incredibly full!!

Any tips on foodstuffs that:
    1. aren't filling
    2. are high cals
    3. are good for you??

I don't really like nuts, and I know people suggest them often... anyone know of anything??
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I hate mine, then again I'm at maintenance (2650) and when you burn 550 calories on top of 2650, that's 3200 calories in a day. Doesn't sound so bad does it? Well it IS if you are eating healthy, it's TOUGH to get in that many high quality calories. Not to mention how expensive that many high quality foods a day can get.

I exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, I do high intensity stuff, which is fun for me, but burns a buttload of calories. *sigh*

we all have our crosses i guess.
  • beautyqueen1979
    beautyqueen1979 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I hate mine, then again I'm at maintenance (2650) and when you burn 550 calories on top of 2650, that's 3200 calories in a day. Doesn't sound so bad does it? Well it IS if you are eating healthy, it's TOUGH to get in that many high quality calories. Not to mention how expensive that many high quality foods a day can get.

I exercise for the pure enjoyment of it, I do high intensity stuff, which is fun for me, but burns a buttload of calories. *sigh*

That's what I have found hardest about changing my eating habits - old me could've eaten 3000 or 4000 (!!!) cals in a day easily. I'm now eating what feels like more food than I ever have, but because its filled with fruit/veg and healthier stuff in general I am more full, and yet not even making my calorie intake target. I will echo what I have heard many say on the board, as a 'fat' girl I never thought eating a lot would be so hard :laugh:
  • houseofCs
    houseofCs Posts: 18
    Options

That's what I have found hardest about changing my eating habits - old me could've eaten 3000 or 4000 (!!!) cals in a day easily. I'm now eating what feels like more food than I ever have, but because its filled with fruit/veg and healthier stuff in general I am more full, and yet not even making my calorie intake target. I will echo what I have heard many say on the board, as a 'fat' girl I never thought eating a lot would be so hard :laugh:

I agree eating enough calories now that I am eating healthier is so hard for me and before I began eating healthy I could eat, eat and eat some more.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's great knowing if you have gone over your calories or expect to, that you can account for those extra cals by just working out for longer, it's really nice and motivates me a lot when i'm getting tired in the gym!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I just exercised and now I am at 200 cals net for the day after 3 meals and several snacks.. I guess I gotta get eat'in
  • BoogerSnot
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to MFP, I was at SparksPeople but I didn't like it. I thought I should stick to the 1260 I was alloted and ignore the extra exercise calories. Are you supposed to eat them or should you stick to the original 1260?

Thanks for the post! I love seeing how many calories I burn while exercising
  • Kamila02
    Kamila02 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    What a refreshing post...
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I'm not taking advantage of my exercise calories enough, they are the perfect solution! Perhaps today will be a first :)
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new to MFP, I was at SparksPeople but I didn't like it. I thought I should stick to the 1260 I was alloted and ignore the extra exercise calories. Are you supposed to eat them or should you stick to the original 1260?

Thanks for the post! I love seeing how many calories I burn while exercising

lovely name. :tongue:

generally yes, most people who aren't well into the obese category should be eating them, unless you have other conditions that reduce metabolic rate (I.E. diagnosed conditions). MFP creates a calorie deficit for you, eating your exercise calories KEEPS you at that deficit, you still lose the same amount of weight if you eat them that you would if you didn't exercise at all.
  • arewethereyet
    Options

I agree eating enough calories now that I am eating healthier is so hard for me and before I began eating healthy I could eat, eat and eat some more.

I know! 1090 WHAT?:noway:

I have had the month from hell and found out what it is like to have REAL problems:frown: Because of this I have not been hungry...at all....but know I must maintain my health by eating only good things. I ate like crazy for a few days, grazing on all good foods and low fat high protien meats. I was at around 1000 each day. Who knows if I felt like crap, because right now I always feel like crap:laugh:

SO I added in a handfull of almonds. Bang 1200. Still not optimal but at least I am feeding my body. Don't want to add yet another issue to the pile.

I have just been doing strength training for the past week as to not burn up more cals with heavy cardio. Being careful....we shall see how this works out!

Prayers for peace and guidance lovingly accepted!!:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!