Muscle build-up

Options
Alright folks, I've heard a myth about squats. They make your butt smaller?! I'm trying to get a firmer behind, thighs and all and I'm not sure how to go about it. I want to still look like a lady, meaning curves, but squats are new for me. So my question is, are they good/bad and what are some other good exercises for that area? Thanks!!

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    squats are good. they wont make your butt bigger or smaller but they will help reshape the muscles so your butt looks higher and bubblier. especially heavy weighted squats where you go parallel or lowe.

weighted hip bridges, lunges bulgarian split squats are also good
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    So my question is, are they good/bad
    Good. Capital G good.
    what are some other good exercises for that area?
    Lunges, deadlifts, step ups.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Squats are great. So are deadlifts. They will keep your butt round and perky.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Squats are great. So are deadlifts. They will keep your butt round and perky.

pictures or it never happened
  • amiaow
    amiaow Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As everyone said, they will lift your butt and help you to build great glutes. Squatting below parallel and Bulgarian split squats are tops. They will give you a better looking butt. However, if you want a smaller butt, that really comes down to body fat.
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    SQUATS are GREAT !! And weighted Glute Kickbacks ....and Hip Abduction .......
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    my body is a wonderland because of squats/weight lifting. :smokin:

i can show you some videos of my weight lifting too, if you want to see someone you know doing them!
  • ellebelle203
    Options
    Thanks yall! Lex, I want to use heavier squats in workouts but I need someone. So come live with me and we can just squat :)