Is there a Busy Moms group?

Options
I haven't seen one. Anyone want to start a check-in or group for moms who are super busy (whether it be with work or taking care of babies full time)?

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    :laugh: haha....we're to busy to start a group :laugh:
    Sorry couldn't help myself.
  • Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'd definately join! :happy: I work full-time at a hospital and go to school 3 nights a week, I also have a two daughters, 2 and 4-yrs! :noway: Nothing can explain how busy I am :laugh:

Let's do this! :drinker:
  • unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    i am not in a group... but i am a mom, i work full time, have school, and work out every day.... so i think that i am also busy!! LOL :heart:
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    hahaa LOL.....I'm a crazy busy single mom-- would love to start one....I often wonder does anyone else use there kids as weights...ie.. my son is like 40 pounds and I'll lay on my back and push him up and back down till my arms burn he just giggles and giggles , and i get a quick tone up! LOL
  • Katherine1687
    Katherine1687 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us on here are busy Mums!!

I have 2 boys aged 7 & 10. I work full time at a school, take them to all of their different activities and am studying for a degree with the Open University.

Really struggle to find the time to exercise!!

Luv Kat
  • Ms172u
    Ms172u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Absolutely.. let's do it! I work full time as well, I have 3 college courses, two little girls and my hubby of course to take care of.. I'd say that I'm also pretty busy..
  • asteppaway
    asteppaway Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I think it's an awesome idea to start one!
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    :laugh: haha....we're to busy to start a group :laugh:
    Sorry couldn't help myself.
    LOL you got me there. You are right! maybe we can all check in here when we need motivation, or have a dialy check-in to keep ourselves accountable for working out and diet. If you haven't already, post about yourself!

About me-

I am 27 (a few days away from 28) years old. I've been married almost 4 years. I have a 2.5 year old boy and a 7 month old girl. I work full time as well as go to school. I just started P90X this week. It's a struggle to find time to work out, but I HAVE to make it happen. I've been waking up at 5am to get my workouts in, and following the diet. I'm exhausted by the end of the day but hopefully it will all be worth it in the end.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    About me:

26 (almost 27) Divorced- 2 kids 3 and 4 (almost 5- her birthday is 2 days after mine) I am active duty navy, also have a college class, and no family to speak of in the area.

A good quick 30 min work out if you have access to a treadmill

5 min warm up 3.5-4mph

2 min sprint 5 mph ( you can add more time to this as it gets easier I'm up to 8mph)
    3 min cool down 4mph

2min sprint 6mph
    3 min coold down

2 min spring 6 mph
    3 min coold down 4 mph

2 min sprit 5mph
    3 min cool down 4 mph

5 min coold down 3.5 mph
  • Raina0512
    Options
    About Me: :happy:

I'm 23
    Married
    2 daughters - 2 1/2 and 4 yrs old
    I work at a hospital in Kansas City during the day
    I take night classes for nursing school all week
    I don't work out. It's never physically/mentally worked for me. I did it for a while, but gained weight (I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat... But I don't want bulky muscle). I gained a lot of muscle, which caused my already bigger legs to get bigger :sad: Anyways... I stick to dieting, and it's worked well so far! :drinker:
  • ladybug1620
    Options

I'm 23
    Married
    I don't work out. It's never physically/mentally worked for me. I did it for a while, but gained weight (I know, I know, muscle weighs more than fat... But I don't want bulky muscle). I gained a lot of muscle, which caused my already bigger legs to get bigger :sad: Anyways... I stick to dieting, and it's worked well so far! :drinker:
    Please share how you look so toned then. I *almost* officially hate you for this. In a good way. lol.
  • Raina0512
    Options

I'm 23
    Married
    Please share how you look so toned then. I *almost* officially hate you for this. In a good way. lol.
    Honestly, don't hate me more, I'm not sure... :laugh: I customized my calorie goal to be 1000 calories/day. 1200/day was set by MFP and I kept going over... Mentally, 1000 works for me :) I usually hit about 900-1100/day. I eat a LOT of fruit, and I drink a LOT of water. I really really just watch what I eat. It was hard at first, especially working in a hospital with a cafeteria and snack shop so close! I went from eating the 3/$1 cookies 3 times a day to this :smile: It's definately helped! You just have to really work for it I guess, and stay focused. I log in here every day and track EVERY SINGLE thing I eat... My husband calls me 'OBSESSED' :laugh: I say, I'm DETERMINED! Hahaha!
    Good luck to you!
    Raina
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    Hi moms! :) How was everyone's weekend? For me...I had some slip ups with the diet yesterday. I am getting back on the wagon today and am going to try to get in a workout tonight.
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Angela. I have three kids 7,6,4. I am getting ready to go back to work full time for the first time in 7 years. I'm all ways busy with their activitys and my husband works nights so its pretty much just me most of the time. I have been trying to lose wieght for the last 4 years but found this site and really like it. How is everyone else doing?
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    Good morning. I thought this thread died. lol. I'm going good today. Didn't get to workout this morning because we had a friend over sleeping on the couch and I had nowhere to workout. Boo! I will get to it tonight, though. What type of "program" are you planning to use? Just watching diet, or adding in exercise too?
  • Angela764
    Angela764 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm dieting and exercising. And it helps that my husband is dieting with me. I have been getting up at 6:30 am to get my workouts in its making me pretty tired but I'm feeling the results. What are you doing?
  • ladybug1620
    Options
    I started P90x last Monday. I also have to wake up early (5:30...eek!) to get my workouts in. Also dieting using the nutrition plan that P90x has. Haven't lost so far but I hear that is typical in the beginning of P90x.

Awesome that your husband is dieting with you. I find myself having to cook seperate things, or seperate ways, because my husband is naturally thin and doesn't need to diet.