I cannot believe how far I have come but it is true

Options
jjscholar
jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
For most of you today is just May 2, 2013...

For me, today marks the absolute apex of my weight loss and my fitness journey...

About two years ago, I almost died of congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy... At that time I wore size 58 inch jeans and I weighed 393 lbs.

After about two years of hard work, I managed for the most part to maintain my weight at between 175-180... I now wear size 32 inch jeans... But what make today so special is that I am going for Zumba Basic 1 Instructor Certification...

Replies

• Daysednconfused
    Daysednconfused Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've come a long way!
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    you sir are a rockstar:drinker:
  • Civrev
    Civrev Posts: 6
    Options
    Nice one!!!!!!!!
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Having coming this far, cert shouldn't be a problem for you!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! Congrats!
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Absolutely unreal! Well done!
  • BioMechHeretic
    BioMechHeretic Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    awesome loss
  • danwatto
    danwatto Posts: 14
    Options
    Great staying power 2 years, this is why I read this forum when I feel like getting off the treadmill!
  • Softrbreeze
    Softrbreeze Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You rock, JJ! Your enthusiasm for all of your fitness endeavors is truly inspiring!
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    So very happy for you and looking forward to checking out your class
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    For most of you today is just May 2, 2013...

For me, today marks the absolute apex of my weight loss and my fitness journey...

About two years ago, I almost died of congestive heart failure and cardiomyopathy... At that time I wore size 58 inch jeans and I weighed 393 lbs.

After about two years of hard work, I managed for the most part to maintain my weight at between 175-180... I now wear size 32 inch jeans... But what make today so special is that I am going for Zumba Basic 1 Instructor Certification...

Wow, dude! Congratulations .... way to turn your life completely around! You're truly an inspiration!
  • dupaboo
    dupaboo Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations on turning the tables and good luck to you on the Zumba!
  • Emily_Bella
    Options
    Incredible! Congratulations good luck to you on the Zumba!
  • lee625
    lee625 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats - great success!!! Good Luck on next phase
  • Jazzysoul
    Jazzysoul Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! What an inspiration you are. Good luck as a Zumba instructor!!
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Congratulations :) I love Zumba so that's awesome you're getting certified. Good luck!
  • MsQuacklady
    MsQuacklady Posts: 19
    Options
    Outstanding !!!!!!!!!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    AWESOMENESS!!! I plan to go for Zumba cert in August after I get my ACE Personal Trainer cert in July. You got this!
  • MrsTorresisBACK
    MrsTorresisBACK Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! that is AMAZING!!!! anything is possible when you put your mind (and heart) into it! YOU are proof! I'm truely inspired!

Shake that thang!
  • facilitators1334
    Options
    Congratulations
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!