Exercise DVD's

Options
What is the best way to track my workout when I do a dvd? I was doing Walk Away the Pounds, so I could easily track that as Race Walking or Brisk walking for a certain amount of time. However, I would like to start doing my Jillian Michaels dvds again. What is the best way to track those videos?

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is what most people log them as.
  • briannerowe2011
    Options
    Thank you! I hadn't thought of that! :smile:
  • crystal_marie_23
    crystal_marie_23 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, circuit training :)
  • tracielyn65
    Options
    I purchased a Polar heart rate monitor. The HT 7 model and I wear that when I do my workout dvd's. It is great! It tracks my heart rate ( both maximum and average), calories burned, duration of work out etc. Then I just log everything in my notes on MFP. I also try to find the closest match in the database as well. But the "true" data is from my heart rate monitor in my notes. It helps keep me on track. I also wear it when I hike outside and do yard work as well, because to me those calories burned are important too. Check out www.heartratemonitorsUSA.com. I found them to be the most reasonably priced and they have links to great tutorials toshow you how to set it up properly. I hope this helps you.
  • MelanieAG05
    MelanieAG05 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Yes, an HRM is the only way to track calories burned most accurately. You can also add your own exercises and/or edit the number that comes up for the match on the database. E.g. If you choose Running for 15 minutes and it says 150 cals on MFP you can just delete this number and change it to whatever your HRM says.