Just joined

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Michelle, I am 38 years-old, married, have 3 sons (19, 12, 11) and I am here hoping to make a change. I currently weigh-in at exactly 300 lbs. I have no one to blame but myself. I stopped caring, stopped looking at myself, stopped doing anything.
We had pictures taken recently and that is what has prompted me to make a change, I just couldn't believe that I look the way I do. So, I'm here. It's not gonna be easy for me, I've never been really good at dieting, it's all so darn confusing, but you guys seem to make it a little less difficult.
This should be interesting.
Thanks so much for having a place to help people like myself that need some extra help and can't afford a personal trainer! Hope to make some friends and lose some weight and get back to the me I remember!

Replies

• Lynds7128
    Lynds7128 Posts: 132
    Options
    Hi Michelle & Welcome to MFP! You've taken the most important step by choosing a healthier lifestyle, so really, you're already 1/2 way there .... the other 1/2 is doing the work!
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    It's not gonna be easy for me, I've never been really good at dieting, it's all so darn confusing, but you guys seem to make it a little less difficult.

First off, welcome Michelle! Making the decision is the first step and the hardest part, so congrats on that!

Second, consider thinking of this as a LIFESTYLE change, rather than a "diet". A diet is fleeting. Lifestyles are more permanent :)
    I'm looking forward to reading about all of your progress!

Cheers,
    Cathy

"Every accomplishment begins with a decision to try."
  • WittyUserName1
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me if you like, I'm on here every day :)