I need help

Options
Ok my eating healthy is going well. I am eating and I am full but if you look at my diary it shows that I am not taking in enough calories. I am almost 600 calories under. I am not trying to undereat I am choosing low cal foods. Ok its almost 9 pm here and I need to figure out how to toss some cals in tonite or should i scrap it and aim to do better tommorow?????

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/lds25

Linda

Replies

• ttkg
    ttkg Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Maybe drink a glass of milk to top off your day and then perhaps plan ahead tomorrow and pre-enter your meals so you know what your totals will be for the day. If you're short then add in some fruit here and there. Just some suggestions...
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem. I have over 700 cal left today, but I'm not hungry, in fact I just downed another bottle of water and I feel stuffed. This tends to be a regular problem, I eat breakfast and lunch, but tend to eat the same things a lot, unless I go out to lunch, so both meals are about 300 cal but then after I work out I have 1500 cal left for dinner. I had a foot long subway sandwich for dinner tonight and still have 700+ cal left. I'm not hungry and don't want to force myself to eat just to use up calories.
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    As long as you are not staying unser 1200 it doesn't matter but if you are falling bellow add some peanut butter, or cheese. Good luck!!!! You look great!
  • Cassandra1219
    Options
    I'm having the same problem..... I also don't understand why I'm suppose to add excals when I exercise.. thats weird to me
  • ac4107
    ac4107 Posts: 3
    Options
    Eating too few calories wil put your body in to starvation mode and it will be harder for you to lose weight I am having this same problem I have over 1000 to eat tonight and it 11:30
  • ac4107
    ac4107 Posts: 3
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing I eat the amount of calories I am supposed to for the day and when I exercise it tells me I have another 1000 to eat because thats what I burned when I exercised and it tells you how long to work out and how many calories to burn for the day so with that I am a bit confused if anyone has an answer please let me know.
  • bumbalina
    bumbalina Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing yesterday when it came to dinner. I still had over 600 calories to go! I was so full but made myself eat a chicken breast fillet and some greens and then felt sick.
    Today I changed it up a bit with a larger breakfast and I have added a bit more protien and carb to lunch and some healthy fats like avacado and some almonds and I'm on track now.
    Its really detrimental to your weight loss to go under your 1200 as your body goes into sarvation mode and holds onto the fat instead of using it for energy.
  • msphilly69
    Options
    i think it is wierd that you need to add the ex calories back in....i thought i always heard that to loose weight, you had to burn more calories than you take in.....and that you should cut back on your caloric intake.

anybody have any thoughts on this?
  • bumbalina
    Options
    I asked a friend whos a trainer and dietician and she said don't consume more then half your excersise calories and never eat after 7pm. As long as your eating 1200 + half your extra excersise cals your continue a safe and healthy weight drop.

Good Luck!
  • bumbalina
    Options
    She said also if you can't consume your excersise cal dont worry. As long as your not dropping below 1200
  • lds25
    lds25 Posts: 68
    Options
    Well with some help from a trainer (talked to her on msn) we came up with a quick idea to add cals without adding sodium (hate water weight). I had some sugar free rolo ice cream in the freezer which is 110 cals per 1/4 cup so i had 1/2 cup of that with skim milk and some fresh fruit made into a milkshake and that bumped me up to almost 1200 cals (30 under). So thanks everyone for their ideas and yes I think i will increase my breakfast intake so i dont have to play catch up at the end of the day.
  • bumbalina
    Options
    Excellent!! I might try that too. Milkshakes are yum and a bit naughty! LOL!
  • oats4breakfast
    Options
    You have mid morning and afternoon snack listed in your diary, but it appears to be a common occurance the one or both aren't filled in. Perhaps you need to think of something quick and easy to eat at these times. Like the glass of milk that someone suggested. Or a banana at afternoon snack (or both). Milk is easy enough to drink (although I don't like straight milk) and it is a quick boost in cals. Banana's, assuming you like them, are easy to carry around.

You could always add a post workout shake too. Like a quick protein drink that would range in about mid 100 cals (like 120-140). Just mix with water and "skull". Not sure what you're doing exercise wise, but it "is supposed to" help in your recovery if drunk withing 30minutes. Who really knows if that's accurate or not, but it does make sense. There's different types out there, like ones that are supposed to digest quickly and others, like casien, that are supposed to take like 8 hours to digest so you have it at night.

NOTE: I see you have steel cut oats for breakfast sometimes. Try cutting up a banana or other fruit to add on it. Rather than the brown sugar. I used to put honey on it, but since I tried a banana, that's my favourite and have cut the honey out completely. It will add some cals for you too.
  • elloradannon
    elloradannon Posts: 111
    Options
    I just read in Shape Magazine, that a good rule of thumb is to take your goal weight (for example mine is 130) and multiply that by 10 (1300). That should be your MINIMUM calorie intake for the day. Try eating higher calorie things for breakfast... I have steel cut oats with about 1/4-1/2 cup of trail mix in it (I like Trader Joe's anti-oxidant blend with blueberrys and walnuts). Also, if you eat more fruits and nuts as snacks that will up your calories for the day and be super nutritious! I have the same problem though because after an hour of zumba I'm 600 under for the day, so it's something a lot of us have to work on!