I need an oatmeal raisin cookie recipe

Options
imagymrat
imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
That is low cal and doesn't taste like crap. I've made three batches from different cooking sites, and they all taste either dry and nasty, or they taste like cardboard. Anyone have a tried and true recipe for a cookie that even a 4 yr old would enjoy? no protein powder ones, or aspartame ones, I don't really want to include that in my kids diet. Just trying to find a cookie a little healthier for them to enjoy.

Replies

• goal30Lori
    goal30Lori Posts: 307 Member
    Options
  • imagymrat
    imagymrat Posts: 862 Member
    Options

Thanks, i'll have to try again...i'm looking to keep the cals around 100 a cookie,..cause they eat them in multiples! can't have just one, unless it's from the previous batch I made, even my dog wouldn't touch it.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I took this straight from Team Beachbody. It didn't have the nutritional info, which strikes me as odd, and I haven't made them myself. However, I've tried a few of their recipes that turned out to be quite good.

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

1-1/4 cup whole grain flour
    1 cup oats (preferably rolled oats, but instant oatmeal is okay)
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/3 cup (1/3 scoop) vanilla protein powder
    3/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
    1/2 cup applesauce
    1/2 cup raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, and/or blueberries
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine flour, oats, baking soda, and protein powder. In a separate bowl, mix apple juice concentrate and applesauce. Stir the wet mix into the dry mix. Fold in raisins. Drop batter by the spoonful onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
  • Tbfree
    Tbfree Posts: 47
    Options
    My son has food allergies, so I've done a lot of experimenting with baking and come up with my own recipes. These cookies are absolutely delish!! They just happen to be low-cal. If you use raisins instead of choc. chips, the calories may be even lower. But I have not tried it.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

6 Tablespoons softened unsalted butter
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    3/4 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg replacer (mixed)
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 3/4 cups rolled oats
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat 350. Cream 1st 5 ingredients. Add egg replacer, then next 4 ingredients until just moistened. Add oats and chips. Rounded teaspoons on sprayed cookie sheets. Bake 10 – 11 minutes. Put cookie sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes before placing cookies on wire rack to cool.

42 cookies, 90 calories per cookie
  • SoliQ
    SoliQ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I love oatmeal raisin cookies, I think I will try some baking this weekend, thank you
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    My son has food allergies, so I've done a lot of experimenting with baking and come up with my own recipes. These cookies are absolutely delish!! They just happen to be low-cal. If you use raisins instead of choc. chips, the calories may be even lower. But I have not tried it.

3/4 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg replacer (mixed)
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 3/4 cups rolled oats

Preheat 350. Cream 1st 5 ingredients. Add egg replacer, then next 4 ingredients until just moistened. Add oats and chips. Rounded teaspoons on sprayed cookie sheets. Bake 10 – 11 minutes. Put cookie sheet on wire rack for 5 minutes before placing cookies on wire rack to cool.

Yum! I am going to try these next week! After baking a banana loaf/cake this week I've got the baking buzz haha!
    -x-x-
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options

3/4 cup white sugar
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg replacer (mixed)
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 3/4 cups rolled oats

sounds yummy, I make have to try these. my son is allergic to nuts so we don't buy cookies for him.