protein powder...

Options
Can I store it in the freezer? has anyone done it, Im basically wondering if it would clump together or cause the milk to freeze or anything. I think it would make make shakes colder than the fridge temp milk....

Replies

• GettinIT6
    GettinIT6 Posts: 44
    Options
    I make my shakes and put them in the freezer for a little bit of time, but haven't put them in there for long.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I will put a cup of milk in the freezer while Im working out (ab 30 min) if I think about it, but this morning I had the thought to keep the powder in there but wasn't sure if it would work...
  • Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    I made a protein shake with strawberries and bananas, after leaving in the freezer too long it actually froze and I got rid of it, I don't think it'll be a problem as long as you remember to take it out. :)
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Do you mean freeze the powder or a mixed shake?

Either is fine. Even if it's frozen it will be fine.
  • sarahDickson501
    sarahDickson501 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Do you mean freeze the powder or a mixed shake?

Either is fine. Even if it's frozen it will be fine.

I mean the tub of powder. not mixed up yet
  • m4ttcheek
    m4ttcheek Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ah, i get what you mean now.

You intend to keep it cold but want it to still be in powder form.

You could try it. I'd guess there's still enough moisture in it though to make it freeze into a block.
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    why would you want to freeze the powder? I have like five 3lb powder containers just sitting in my kitchen, it doesn't go bad.
  • christied829
    Options
    I just throw a couple ice cubes in my mixer bottle and it makes my shakes nice and cold.