women 5"7 -5"8 who were 230ish lbs to 150 ish lbs?

Options
Just looking for success stories that have the same height and weight as me... with the same goals. Anyone have before and afters?
I started at 220 and my goal is 160. Id love to see someone who DID IT! I need an extra motivational push!

Replies

• mommypennylane
    mommypennylane Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'd love to see that too. I started at 230 and my goal is 150. I'm 5' 7.5". So far in 1.5 weeks I am 7.5 lbs down. :) Good Luck!!!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Not quite there yet, but I started at 240+ and am in the 170's now :D
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    Not quite there yet, but I started at 240+ and am in the 170's now :D

Wow great progress!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I'd love to see that too. I started at 230 and my goal is 150. I'm 5' 7.5". So far in 1.5 weeks I am 7.5 lbs down. :) Good Luck!!!

Good job!
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.
  • Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Similar goals so I would like to see the success stories also!

SW: 210
    CW: 206
    GW: 145-160
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I started at 216, lost 10lbs between July '11 and January '12, and then lost another 50 between Jan '12 and October '12.

5'7". Currently at 160, since I have gained some weight from my previous 155 due to weight lifting and having sexy ab/leg/arm muscles.

Trying to lose another 10-15 to get rid of some belly and thigh fat.
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.

I do lots and lots of cardio, mostly because I am much more focused on losing weight right now instead of building muscles, but I do strength training every other day. Id love to one day lift heavy!
  • HIITMe
    HIITMe Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I stated at 272... today I am 173.. I am 5'7.5" and wear a size 10... 36-38-38... Goal 130 lbs and to take those 10 inches off the middle
  • amandadawson24
    amandadawson24 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am not in that category, but I did Weight Watchers 5 years ago and I remember there being a lot of women who had lost 60 to 100 pounds that went to the meetings. It really is inspiring! I lost 25 pounds when I did it then and gained 10 back over the course of 3 years, which I am working on losing again.

One thing that had helped my mom and I to stay on track was giving ourselves rewards for hitting different milestones, like lost 10% our weight. We went out and bought swimsuits for that one! Someone else I know just rewarded herself with the eyeliner tattoo. So you just have to think outside of the box a little bit because a lot of times we celebrate with eating a lot, which is contrary to what we are trying to accomplish here.

Good luck! You can achieve your goal!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options

Can I ask how many inches in height you are? Im still tying to figure out exactly how tall I am but I keep getting mixed answers.
  • usmcmp
    Options

I do lots and lots of cardio, mostly because I am much more focused on losing weight right now instead of building muscles, but I do strength training every other day. Id love to one day lift heavy!

Why not start now? Building lean mass increases your metabolism and helps burn fat. Start early, there is no point in waiting. It won't stop your weight loss because you won't magically put on pounds of muscle with a calorie deficit.
  • thenpluck
    thenpluck Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

Very interested in this post!! :)
  • erinsia
    erinsia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it! I'm 5'8 and my starting weight in Jan. 2012 was 219. Today I weighed 143 (16 lbs. less than my original goal.) MFP keeps me on track for sure. You can do it! Just keep plugging away at it and understand that time is going to pass regardless - so you might as well make good decisions and see results rather than make bad decisions and end up nowhere!
  • usmcmp
    Options

Can I ask how many inches in height you are? Im still tying to figure out exactly how tall I am but I keep getting mixed answers.

5'9" is 69 inches.
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking this!

I'm still "during":smile:
    5'7.5" (171cm), started 190lb, currently 177lb, my ticker is set up to 161lb which is top of healthy BMI and my first goal. Ideally would love to be around 150lb or so, I'm more thinking in terms of clothes sizes (10 UK)
  • OtiWanKenobi
    OtiWanKenobi Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" 1/2 :smile:

SW: 245
    CW: 196 ish (I weigh in monthly so I'm not sure were I am right now...I weigh in tomorrow! :bigsmile: )
    GW: 160 too!!!

It's taken me almost two years. After years of yo-yo gimmick dieting I finally decided to do it the right way. Slow and steady...eat right and exercise and I've been able to maintain. I've now reached a slow point so I've introduced heavy weights and upped my calories to get the last 30 lbs down. There is hope!!! :drinker:
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    Options

5'9" is 69 inches.

Im 68 1\2 inches, a lot of places say that's 5 6 to 5 7 ???
  • cydneycnoo
    cydneycnoo Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am 5"7. I started on 18 Jan 2012 at 236 pounds. I am now 178 pounds. I have lost around 12 inches off my waist.

I still want to lose another 28 pounds (proving to be a bit harder) I'm getting there, slowly but surely.

My mantra is ' slow and steady wins the race'

good luck
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!