Birthday Cookies

Options
My son is turning 12 and all he wants is my homemade chocolate chip cookies…sooooo good…but man it’s hard cooking them, smelling them…I just have to not want to but 2 of them… I know I’ll survive the challenge, but grief….it’s cookies, I know I am going to be dreaming about them all night. :0) LOL anyone else run into the birthday challenge? Love to hear how you managed it!

Replies

• Jennify
    Jennify Posts: 16
    Options
    haha I haven't managed mine yet. My birthday is in just over 2 weeks and we always go to a restaurant of my choice, so i'm definitely contemplating exercising really hard a few days before and a few days after to make up for it. We'll see how this goes.

I wish I could be of more help but that's definitely a challenge I'm facing too :)
  • Bloodie
    Bloodie Posts: 53
    Options
    To be honest, i wouldnt really stress myself out over it. Like Jennify said, (and what i would do) is probably work just a bit harder on that day, and if you love them so much, i would allow myself to have a cookie or two, not 20.... 2! :) that way you can satisfy your hunger for them, perhaps you even wont have cookie dreams :) And you will and can make up with some extra workout for those 2 cookies + you'll have the motivation to work harder :)

The only problem with that "setup" is that you really have to stop yourself after 2 cookies lol :D
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    Put them away where you can't see them.
    I always have hard time wanting to eat the dough. lol. I had to make a dessert for a family reunion and after I got done pouring the batter in the pans to bake I hurried and put water on the bowl and spoons so I wouldnt sit with my face in the bowl licking it. haha.
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    personally, i perfer little cookies. itty bitty ones!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    that way, i do not feel so bad eating 1 or 2 of them.:indifferent:
    but it adds up to 10, 20+:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:

i'd advise making BIG cookies so i'm les tempted by the first bite.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  • Sherry44
    Sherry44 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My Birthday is July 1st and my daughter's Birthday is July 2nd! And then it's July 4th! Talk about tons of temptations! On my Birthday I went out and had breakfast with everything I wanted. I had 1/2 cup of my favorite Baskin Robbins ice cream instead of cake. On my daughter's Birthday I had a small slice of her cake which was heavenly so I ended up having 3 small slices. :noway:
    On 4th of July I took food that I knew I could eat. All I can say is that Birthdays only come around once a year so don't be too hard on yourself, but tomorrow is a new day so you have to get back to it! I had a good time and still lost 1/2 pound that week. Don't stress over it too much. Just don't go crazy overboard!
  • kara2
    kara2 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Only make 1/2 a batch. Birthdays or any celebration is hard. For the 4th of July I worked out extra hard in the morning so I could enjoy the party with everyone else but I limited my portion sizes and I still lost weight. If you deny yourself the cookie then you will just think about it until you have some and for me that usually ends up with me eating the rest and feeling sick. Eat your two cookies but eat them slowly savoring each bite. Best of luck.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    When I worked in an office we would do one "party" for the birthdays in a month. We each took turns bringing the goodies. I would make cookies and put them in little gift bags with a party popper and some other non edible loot. That way all the cookies were out of the house and I didn't have to worry about them calling me in the middle of the night.
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    haha I haven't managed mine yet. My birthday is in just over 2 weeks and we always go to a restaurant of my choice, so i'm definitely contemplating exercising really hard a few days before and a few days after to make up for it. We'll see how this goes.

I wish I could be of more help but that's definitely a challenge I'm facing too :)

You should go to Flat Top Grill! You pick out every single thing that goes into your meal and the chefs stir-fry it for you. Granted, they use oil on the grill, but other than that YOU are in charge of what is in your meal. It's a bit expensive for me, but it's my absolute favorite restaurant.
  • GuamMom
    GuamMom Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the support! I managed to only eat 3 so 1 over but I stayed within my cals... thanks so much guys!