Desperately seeking....HAPPIER HEALTHIER ME

Options
I'm not really new here. Been here for a while but not doing so good. Looking for new friends, new ideas, new support, new motivation. Finally realizing that I spend most of my day on this computer looking for everything weightloss instead of doing everything weightloss. Just trying to get started is consuming my life but just trying to get started isn't getting me anywhere. I MUST START DOING!!! Please help me or join me in this journey.

I'm now making this vow to myself and to anyone that wants to be my friend here.....

I'm not going to be perfect.....but I'M GOING TO TRY
I'm not going to log everything everyday....but I'M GOING TO TRY
Feeling this way didn't happen overnight.....so feeling better isn't going to happen overnight
I must stop looking and reading....and JUST START DOING
I'm setting mini-goals and end-goals.....AND I WILL SUCCEED
I might not always post and I might not always respond.....BUT I WILL TRY
I don't know how I'm gonna do it.....BUT I'M GONNA DO IT!!!

Today is officially the first day of the rest of my life.....
No more feeling sorry for myself, no more making excuses, no more putting it off, NO MORE FAT DEPRESSED ME!!!!

And oh yah, if you want to know a little about me:
I'm 40ish (ok just turned 41) :ohwell: with a 7-year old daughter that is my world and a 50ish live-in boyfriend/baby daddy (who could probably also stand to live a little healthier if he would like to see his grandkids someday :grumble: ) of 11 years....yes I admit we've been shacking up for quite sometime, had a child together and still have never married :huh: maybe somedayhe'll wise up or I'll put my foot down....who knows
I work part time at a job that I'm not overly in-love with but keeps me occupied while the kid is in school but also gives me too much time on my hands to stare at the computer and surf the net all day long....but that needs to stop cuz I really do have work to get done :noway:
I've struggled with my weight for....well, as long as I can remember anyway. I don't want to struggle anymore. I want to be the fun mom that can keep up with her kid and her kids friends....
My starting point: I'm 5'2" and read the scale this morning at 186.
My first mini-goal: 180
My end-goal and re-evaluation point: 140

Replies

• Heather032190
    Heather032190 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    :happy: Well I am happy to hear that you are finally taking the initiative and realized that you want to not only lose the weight be healthier and happier.....it took me awhile too to finally get that:smooched: "epiphany" that this was it no more saying :grumble: "I'm tired of being overweight and sick of not being fit" and actually start. I had started on 4/1 and only lost 4lbs so far so hopefully I can stay on track and lose more.

Good luck and feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Friend request sent! Good luck to you too!
  • mamabear204
    mamabear204 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wondering too if anyone can give me some guidance on......apps and gadgets

I know there are lots of aps for smart phones and gadgets you can buy to help with weight loss, food tracking, exercise tracking, etc.
    I don't have a smart phone yet....and can't get one until sometime in July (stupid phone carriers and their rules) so would it be worth it to buy some sort of gadget now....like fitbit, a simple pedometer, activelink....whatever else is out there that I know nothing about?

Hoping to be shopping real soon too for some snazzy runnin shoes!