acai berry/ colon cleanse

Options
has anyone tried this? It seems every website I visit has a pop up advertising this wonder product that makes you lose about a zillion kilos per second, and all claiming a free trial. Have clicked on a few mainly out of boredom and curiosity and all tell the same story, butt he links never work and the free trial always mysteriously ended the day before!

Replies

• pillboy
    pillboy Posts: 28
    Options
    the link not working and the trial ending tells you all you need to know,stay away
  • granmalaura
    granmalaura Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I got caught by this one and got the free trial, the pro cleanse gold was ok when I asked to unsubscribe before the trial period was finished. But the other one has charged me just a few days after the trial began and I cannot find any of their numbers that work, so I am unable to reclaim the money back and hopefully they will not charge again. Again this free trial was advertised as working straight away, why else would you have a 14 day free trial. When I phoned to cancel, they said you had to give it 3 months before seeing any results. I will not get caught again (i hope).
  • rad007
    rad007 Posts: 26
    Options
    The colon cleanse is crap and not in a good way.....I tried it for a week..extremely little change. If you want the same idea but way better results buy apple cider vinegar pills. 1) blocks fats from sticking to the body 2) colon cleanses...only like $3-5 on ebay
  • maddox22
    maddox22 Posts: 91
    Options
    ALL "colon cleanse" and "detox" stuff is a scam. Unless you are eating heavy metals or other seriously toxic stuff (which requires medical treatment to remove), your body can detoxify itself just fine--that's why you have a liver and kidneys :-) As for colon cleansing, a few prunes and a lot of water is just as effective, and a lot cheaper.

Regarding acai, there's no such thing as a "miracle food" that melts away the pounds. You gained the weight slowly; you have to lose it slowly. Anything you lose quickly is either water weight or is bound to come back with interest later.

I know (believe me, I know) that the stuff that's advertised can seem soooo tempting...but truly, almost none of it is worth the money.

Check out this blog if you want more (scientific) information about a lot of those products: obesitypanacea.com. It's written by two Ph.D. obesity/physiology researchers. They do a good job of evaluating the claims and benefits of a lot of "miracle" products, and they also discuss the benefits of exercise and evaluate various conventional wisdom on obesity, fat, diet, etc.
  • McGruber03
    McGruber03 Posts: 113
    Options
    The acai berry colon cleanse is a scam, and so is EVERYTHING that offers anything free. Come on, we all know nothing is free! And, anyone should be leary of anything 'free' wanting your credit card number. BIG red flag. Also, colon cleansers are not safe and are useless. To cleanse your colon, you need to eat the recommended daily allowance (RDA) of fiber everyday from whole grains, fruits, and vegetables (if something like ice cream, yogurt, or splenda has fiber...beware, it's not a 'whole' fiber). Your large intestine has good bacteria that helps keep down the bad bacteria, helps to make Vitamin K and Biotin. If you are constantly 'cleansing' your colon, you are also getting rid of the good bacteria...not a good idea. Remember that any quick and easy fixes might work for weight loss in the short term, but who wants to lose weight in a week, only to gain it all back the next week? It's all about eating right, and splurging occasionally...occasionally being the key word here. (Occasionally shouldn't be once per day). I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.
  • pinkandloopy
    Options
    thanx guys..wasn't about to try it. Tried a 'miracle slimming pill' many years ago when i was too young to know any better and had some truly awful, embarrassing side effects: lesson learned. i was just curious to see if anyone had actually managed to find a trialand been brave enough to give it a go :wink:
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I got caught by this one and got the free trial, the pro cleanse gold was ok when I asked to unsubscribe before the trial period was finished. But the other one has charged me just a few days after the trial began and I cannot find any of their numbers that work, so I am unable to reclaim the money back and hopefully they will not charge again. Again this free trial was advertised as working straight away, why else would you have a 14 day free trial. When I phoned to cancel, they said you had to give it 3 months before seeing any results. I will not get caught again (i hope).

This happened to me BUT contact your bank/VISA card company :wink: I rang my bank and they requested I put into writing and also I forward any communication I made to the company .. It took a couple of weeks and I got a FULL refund from my bank :drinker:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

This is a well known scam on the internet. Google and you'll see many other people who've had the same problem.
    Once they got your Visa # they will continue to charge your visa card. Then you cannot get a hold of them to cancel, and even if you do, they sometimes keep charging.

As ChellieIrish said contact your Visa company.