Gastric, Constipation and Weight Gain

I am having bad gastric, which burns up my throat whenever it gets bad. This came after I was having Diclofenac, as I hurt my tendon and muscle about 3 weeks ago. So currently I am still taking famoditine and gaviscon, to ease my stomach. I used to have regular bowel movement, but seems that I am having constipation with the stomach medicine. What annoys me is that, my weight gain 4 pounds in 3 days! To add on, I am currently trying to go back to maintenance diet and just started 4 days ago. But the weight gain has upset my targeted weight. :cry: I am considered a active person.

Is this weight gain just temporary? Caused my constipation or up calories?
Do I have to cut back on my diet again?

Anyone with advises? TIA!

Replies

• RoseTears143
    RoseTears143 Posts: 1,121 Member
    This is just temporary weight gain due to constipation and the meds. Don't add anymore stress to your condition by worrying about it. Get well first, and when you are able to be active and eat normally agian I'm sure it will fall right off. Get better!! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyPoni
    LadyPoni Posts: 20
    Thanks Honey!

I am also hoping this is just temporary :flowerforyou: :wink:
    This is just temporary weight gain due to constipation and the meds. Don't add anymore stress to your condition by worrying about it. Get well first, and when you are able to be active and eat normally agian I'm sure it will fall right off. Get better!! :flowerforyou:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    You could try adding ginger to your diet. I've read many times that it is proven to help with gastrio-intestinal problems. I love crystallized ginger slices, but grated or ground ginger is fine. I use a ginger spread on pancakes. I don't think a single day goes by without ginger in one form or another. I can't say from personal experience if it does help, but I never have digestive problems...never. Just love the flavor. ( ginger-lime chicken breasts, oh my.)
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Do you mean gastritis?

"Gastric" just means "of the stomach".

If you aren't pooping, well, yes the scales will go up. It's temporary. But talk to your doctor.
  • LadyPoni
    Usually I add in ginger in my meals, and I am going to try hot ginger drink.
    You could try adding ginger to your diet. I've read many times that it is proven to help with gastrio-intestinal problems. I love crystallized ginger slices, but grated or ground ginger is fine. I use a ginger spread on pancakes. I don't think a single day goes by without ginger in one form or another. I can't say from personal experience if it does help, but I never have digestive problems...never. Just love the flavor. ( ginger-lime chicken breasts, oh my.)
  • LadyPoni
    Yes, I meant gastritis :blushing:

Pardon me for my lousy English, and thank you for correcting me :drinker:

My next doctor visit will be another week. I am kinda upset with the sudden weight gain. Maybe I should try to monitor for another week, hoping that the scale won't freak me out again :laugh:
    Do you mean gastritis?

If you aren't pooping, well, yes the scales will go up. It's temporary. But talk to your doctor.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member

My next doctor visit will be another week. I am kinda upset with the sudden weight gain. Maybe I should try to monitor for another week, hoping that the scale won't freak me out again :laugh:
    Do you mean gastritis?

The correction was intended to improve my understanding not to point out the error. Thanks.
    Give your doc a call if the constipation continues - don't worry about small rapid fluctuations in weight on the scale. These variations are not important.
    Liquids, fiber and keep moving will help out in the meantime.

Good luck.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 839 Member
    Ask your doctor if it's ok to take a magnesium supplement while you're on your medication. I suffered from chronic constipation my entire life until some dear angel on MFP suggested magnesium. I take a supplement with each meal, and the problem is gone! No more feeling bloated, no more laxatives! But you want to make sure it won't counteract with your prescription meds.
  • LadyPoni

Do you mean gastritis?

The correction was intended to improve my understanding not to point out the error. Thanks.
    Give your doc a call if the constipation continues - don't worry about small rapid fluctuations in weight on the scale. These variations are not important.
    Liquids, fiber and keep moving will help out in the meantime.

Good luck.

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • LadyPoni
    Ask your doctor if it's ok to take a magnesium supplement while you're on your medication. I suffered from chronic constipation my entire life until some dear angel on MFP suggested magnesium. I take a supplement with each meal, and the problem is gone! No more feeling bloated, no more laxatives! But you want to make sure it won't counteract with your prescription meds.

Thank you! I will bring up to my doctor on my next visit :)