stepped away from the chocolate and junk food....

Options
kara2
kara2 Posts: 83 Member
Today I went to the store to get some grocercies and I stepped away from the chocoloate and junk food. I bought some healthy food instead grapes, carrotts, celery, lettuce and made a delicious salad for dinner. This is such a huge step for me.

I also did 50 situp/crunches today. I haven't attempted one in 15 years and being 368 lbs makes them difficult.

Replies

• Nadyasmom
    Nadyasmom Posts: 281
    Options
    Hey! Way to GO!!!! That's awesome!!!

Sometimes it's SO hard to not give in to the food that trigger our tastebuds. Making the right choices is the first step to winning any battle! That's a HUGE success!!!

Celebrate it with DANCE--it'll burn a few calories too. ;)

And as for the sit-up--wow--I STILL struggle with those, and I've been at this for a LONG time.
  • monkeyfood
    monkeyfood Posts: 106
    Options
    It's great you didn't buy it.. if you don't buy it chances are you aren't going to eat it :)

situps... ugh... good for you :):):)
  • vanillasugar
    vanillasugar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome step. It's all baby steps. One little baby step at a time. Good for you for making a healthy and good choice for YOU! :flowerforyou:
  • wiseg2
    wiseg2 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I don't even walk by that stuff anymore at the store. A lot of my time is spent in the produce section. It took a little bit for my taste buds to adjust but I feel so much better now.
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    You did amazing to walk away from the chocolate and junk food and buy healthy, it show will power and determination. Keep up the good work and well done doing the exercises as well.

Add me as a friend if you want.

xUna
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Today I went to the store to get some grocercies and I stepped away from the chocoloate and junk food. I bought some healthy food instead grapes, carrotts, celery, lettuce and made a delicious salad for dinner. This is such a huge step for me.

I also did 50 situp/crunches today. I haven't attempted one in 15 years and being 368 lbs makes them difficult.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! you should be SO PROUD of your self!!!! Not buying that stuff is the key, at least for me. and kicken your butt with those crunches!!! You rocked it out today!!!! Great job!!!
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

Well done! You'll also find the more you venture in to your weight loss the more you will want to continue.

Don't give up, that's they key!

All the very best :flowerforyou:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    It is choices like that which will enable you to lose weight and feel better.....KUDOS to you!!!! Take it a step at a time and stay focused on your goal. I wish you astonishing success in your quest for weight loss and better health! Keep walking away from the junk and fill your cart with the fresh!
  • violetvy
    violetvy Posts: 33
    Options
    Congratulations on these achievements! YEs, just stay in the perimeter of supermarkets lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!