Hello, thyroid, can you hear me?

Options
weinbagel
weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
My thyroid is deaf haha...

Anyone else have thyroid issues? I've got Hashimotos and would love to connect with others who have thyroid issues :)

Stay motivated :flowerforyou:

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am hypo.
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have Hashimotos as well...found out by accident. I'm on levothyroxine 40mg daily to keep me "steady" but other docs are saying some other issues I have may be caused by my thyroid. How bout you?
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Hey! I have Hashimotos as well...found out by accident. I'm on levothyroxine 40mg daily to keep me "steady" but other docs are saying some other issues I have may be caused by my thyroid. How bout you?

Ah! I'm on a natural thyroid.... sooo thankful I started taking it!!
  • trackme
    trackme Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Ooh, by your Endo or someone/something else? I would be interested to know about it...would be nice to get off the med:smile:
  • susanwestbrook56
    Options
    i am hypo, no thyroid at all, but my daughter has hashimotos as well a circus sbalancing act for her and a long road to discovery of a medicine that really works for me., i have only lost 2 pounds since i started using this app but i have lost 60 pounds since november with the medicine that woorks for me.
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I had a total thyroidectomy, so that makes me hypothyroid. You can add me if you like. Also there is a hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism group on MFP also.
  • sszbarber
    sszbarber Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have no thyroid due to cancer, trying to get my meds regulated. Add me if you would like!
  • weinbagel
    Options

Ooh, by your Endo or someone/something else? I would be interested to know about it...would be nice to get off the med:smile:

I am seeing a naturopath for hashimotos! I'm not sure how the synthetic compares to the natural thyroid, but I have no complaints! Before I started taking it, I was soooo fatigued and sluggish, and couldn't lose any weight :/
  • agentjellybean
    agentjellybean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm Hypo. I'm on synthroid. Feel free to add me.
  • weinbagel
    Options
    I had a total thyroidectomy, so that makes me hypothyroid. You can add me if you like. Also there is a hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism group on MFP also.

Thanks for the info! I'm going to look for that :)
  • loriepaulin
    loriepaulin Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am also Hypothyroid. Feel free to send me a friend request.:flowerforyou:
  • LankyYankee
    LankyYankee Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Another hashimoto gal checking in! :drinker:
  • mvg3
    mvg3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have hyper but had hypo. Mine has played a game with me.
  • agentjellybean
    agentjellybean Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Has anyone read up on the links between Cialic Disease and hypothyroidism? I came across an article the other day. It would seem that in people that are gluten sensitive, the gluten triggers an autoimmune response where the body attacks the thyroid. I read a little further and many sources suggested that if you are hypo it might be of benefit to go gluten free. Does anyone have an experience with this or have any thoughts they could share?
  • weinbagel
    Options
    Has anyone read up on the links between Cialic Disease and hypothyroidism? I came across an article the other day. It would seem that in people that are gluten sensitive, the gluten triggers an autoimmune response where the body attacks the thyroid. I read a little further and many sources suggested that if you are hypo it might be of benefit to go gluten free. Does anyone have an experience with this or have any thoughts they could share?

Yes!!! I heard the same thing. I have been gluten free for about 2 years and started because of Hashimotos. From what I understand, gluten "looks like" thyroid, so when you eat it, your body attacks your thyroid.

Not only that, but I feel 10x better being off gluten.
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism since 1998. Before that I use to control my weight much easier, now I can do it but I have to workout more and eat much less. That how it is for me. ;-)
  • DevsOma
    DevsOma Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I am also hypothyroid, add me also along with everyone else. Hope we can all help each other.
  • JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism, (also PCOS) feel free to add me, we can always use the extra support from people in similar situations.:flowerforyou:
  • anna1056
    anna1056 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm hypo - on thyroxine 75mg per day, and from a family with history of thyroid issues. My mother had a full thyroidectomy after cancer and lost 4stone in 6months after the surgery (the doctors had ignored all her symptoms for 4 years prior) Also PCOS. Please add me!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Hypothyroid! On 100 mg of Synthroid. Fee free to add me. =D