women 5"7 -5"8 who were 230ish lbs to 150 ish lbs?

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.

Can I ask how many inches in height you are? Im still tying to figure out exactly how tall I am but I keep getting mixed answers.

5'9" is 69 inches.

Im 68 1\2 inches, a lot of places say that's 5 6 to 5 7 ???

There are 12 inches in a foot. 5 feet is 60 inches.
  • boji4ever
    boji4ever Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I am 5/7" and started at 243 on January 17th. As of this morning I am at 202.8 - been a couple ups and downs but overall consistently losing. I'm on 1,000 calories (which my Dr. approved) until I have about 25 lbs. left and then I need to go up to 1,200-1,300 as I won't have the extra, easy access to as much fat storage so will need the additional calories (according to Dr.) I travel for work, have 2 teenage kids and a busy life...exercise comes 2nd but I do try to get walking in. My goal is between 150-160 depending on how I feel. I have a family cruise the end of July that is my target for now.
    Best wishes!
    Sarah
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

Very interested in this post!! :)

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 217. I'm now down to 147. How I look now could be very different from how you would look at my weight because I do little cardio and lift heavy.

Can I ask how many inches in height you are? Im still tying to figure out exactly how tall I am but I keep getting mixed answers.

5'9" is 69 inches.

What she said :-)
    12 inches in a foot, so 5 feet=60 inches
    5'9 = 12x5 +9 = 69 inches
  • abenardini
    abenardini Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and I started out 7 years ago at 227 (the day that I delivered my son..well actually I got up to 227 with both but I am not sure what was baby weight and me weight). I got down to my lowest 138 about 2 years ago and I was WAY too thin..not enough muscle. After being stuck on the couch with pain killers and hormones last year followed by surgery with complications, I got back to 160. Now I am trying my hardest to get down to 143-145ish with muscle this time. I have learned that the BEST way to lose fat/weight is by lifting weights and eating more..not starving myself! I do have to remind myself of this often but it is so important to feed our bodies what they need. On top of normal weight struggles, I have to work around my thyroid..or lack there of. I was born without a thyroid so I have to manage my medication along with my weight. So it can be done, even with metabolic issues. Keep up the good work..the weight WILL come off!
  • oX_Vanessa_Xo
    oX_Vanessa_Xo Posts: 478
    Options

5'9" is 69 inches.

Well then I'm 5 foot 8 and a half lol.., now I need to change some settings, I've been going by 5 foot 7

What she said :-)
    12 inches in a foot, so 5 feet=60 inches
    5'9 = 12x5 +9 = 69 inches
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    highest 175, now 143 -145
    5'7"
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Hey all I'm 5'7 1/2" I started heavier. 260. I'm down to 193 wanting to be 160 and then reevaluate. :happy:
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

Really?

http://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Your-Height-by-Yourself
  • zaftiggirl
    zaftiggirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Same here, but still near my starting weight! What calorie range have you guys had the most success with? I've been experimenting with different amounts 1600-2200... Also, I lift heavy 3x a week and do yoga on the days in between. 5'9" and starting at 250, with a goal of 150. :happy:
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.

SW: 208lbs Jan 2, 2013
    GW: 155lbs
    CW: 178.4lbs

At my highest weight I was in between 230 to 240 (size 18) a few years ago. My lowest weight in over 10 years was 2 summers ago at 162 size (10). I am a slight pair. My booty is just a couple inches bigger then my chest making me a slight pair.

I eat 1550 for calories on days I don't exercise and then I eat at least have of my exercise calories back. Although lately I been focusing more on a weekly calorie goal... so one day if I go over.... I'll balance it out over the next day(s).
  • kashmyre
    kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I started at 230 and am 150 now. I'm 5'8". I started in November 2011 and hit my goal in August 2012. I have been maintaining successfully since then.

Here is a pic of me about my heaviest:
    8a986343-fb6a-4d49-998a-76518a1fa0a1_zps295e11f9.jpg

and now:
    229ddfc0-33a6-4181-9c23-3d6f5c7ee1e4_zps9fe960b4.jpg

and this:
    Muscles002_zpscdeef46d.jpg
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'7", 39 years old. Started about 3.5 years ago at 260 lbs and am now hovering around 175. Would like to lose another 20 pounds or so. You can check out pics in my profile.
  • amalzingsong
    amalzingsong Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on my way there now. If anyone wants to ad me I'm welcome to friends and support! :)

Started at 230 and am currently 212. I started March 9.
  • KEAVES13
    KEAVES13 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just keep plugging away at it and understand that time is going to pass regardless - so you might as well make good decisions and see results rather than make bad decisions and end up nowhere!

LOVE this^^
  • kayjay58
    kayjay58 Posts: 2
    Options
    I did it! I'm 5'7", started at 240lbs and got to my goal of 140lbs. Took about 3 years, started slowly and worked up to longer and harder workouts.

I had to take every day and every little decision one at a time. If I started to think of 100lbs or 3 years, I freaked out and gave up. Even thinking of a whole day or a whole 30min workout would overwhelm me. So I had to break everything down into even smaller goals.

For example, I would turn down a cookie at work. I would say to myself that each little decision counts and adds up for the good or bad. Otherwise, I'd eat the cookie and tell myself it didn't really matter... that it was just one cookie. But I'd do that all day, day after day and the bad things would add up. I'd do it with exercise too. I'd make myself walk into the gym and focus on my current workout. I'd tell myself that I was just going to walk in and do 15min, then after that 15min, I'd just do another 15min. Breaking things down into easy tiny achievements helped. Every thing adds up! Good or bad!
  • nekoxvampyx
    nekoxvampyx Posts: 163
    Options
    i lost the weight before i joined mfp. but i was in the 200s when i first started and now im at my goal weight 145 :)
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have no pics yet cause I'm no where near my goal, but I started at 222, now at 212 with a goal of 160, I'm 5'8"

Very interested in this post!! :)

I would pretty much like to see woman at my height and weight now because I have this really disgusting image of myself. I refuse to wear a top outside without a hoody because I feel repulsive. I look different in every mirror and every picture!
    And then ill see woman at my goal weight also and I'll say wow... 40 more lbs and I could look like that!

www.mybodygallery.com

Your mileage may vary, but it's what I use to help me imagine what I might look like at certain milestones.
  • varnerific
    varnerific Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7-1/2" and my highest weight was 246 -- (pregnant). Stabilized at 220 (The left-side pic in my profile pic). I got down to 134 last year, but have been maintaining around 140/145 for the last year and a half or so. Today I'm 141.6. You can do it!
  • itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8". Started at 251, currently 190. Goal is body fat % based and is 160. That will give me about 21% body fat based on lean body mass currently. I have lots of pictures but I am still 30 pounds from goal. Keep up the good work ladies!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!