im so upset with myself

Options
usually i eat 1400 - 1500... my tdee is 1969 i exercise 4 - 5 times per week burning from 300 to 800... however today i found myself craving sugary foods and i ended up eating around 2600.. why this is happening? and what should i do? im so upset all i want to do is cry

Replies

• meagank28
    meagank28 Posts: 52
    Options
    dont be upset. we all fall off the wagon. the important thing is to keep trying. maybe if you are craving sugar you can eat some melons, or other sweet fruit. those sugars are not nearly as bad. dont give up!
  • paigelouise69
    Options
    don't beat yourself up about it hunni, just work harder tomorrow and put the past behind x
  • ebbyd
    ebbyd Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I know your struggle because I often feel like giving up also when I feel like I' ve messed up, but just remember that you can't fail if you keep trying because you will eventually reach your goal. If you mess up on one meal, get right back on track with the next meal, and if you mess up one day, get right back on track the next. Just remember all of the reasons why you want to lose weight and don't give up on yourself and your goals. You can do it!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    it's just one day, and that's only 24 hours (8 of which should be spent sleeping!) compared with what you've been doing lately, so on the whole, you're doing FABULOUS!

Don't beat yourself up-- just reflect, smile, and move on!
  • cbkb1234
    cbkb1234 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you crave sugar when you eat sugar! DON'T EAT SUGARY THINGS
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    usually i eat 1400 - 1500... my tdee is 1969 i exercise 4 - 5 times per week burning from 300 to 800... however today i found myself craving sugary foods and i ended up eating around 2600.. why this is happening? and what should i do? im so upset all i want to do is cry

First of all, you are at a deficit so you will not cause weight gain with one day over like that (631 extra in one day - but 460 under every other day = still in a deficit).

Someone else said sugar makes you crave sugar and they are right - but it isn't just sugar...it is the carbs that your body turns to sugar too. I cut those carbs out almost entirely for about 6 months - no more craving for me, even when I occasionally eat that stuff now.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You have to keep going forward. A bad day doesn't have to turn into a bad week. A bad week doesn't have to turn into a bad month. Even if lunch was heavy, eat a sensible dinner. Drink water, keep exercising. If you have too, focus on the little details, smaller portions, wholesome foods, make sure to get your nutrients in. Protein helps combat sweet cravings. We've all been there. Just don't ever give up.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    A lot of times we have cravings because we're missing something else in our diets...how is your fat intake? Fat keeps you full and focused. Maybe you should look at adding more healthy fats to your diet, things like a little olive oil, salmon, or almonds for an example.
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories on top of the 1400-1500? If not, you are really low on net calories (1500 eaten -800 exercise would only be net 700 calories) and are setting yourself up to binge because you really need more nourishment to stay healthy.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you look i my diary you will see I often log sweets... If i feel like having a tootsie roll, I have a tootsie roll... I don't worry if I go over my calories one day... if I do, I just cut back a bit over the next several days. Or exercise more... A couple weeks ago after drinking several beers, eating a half pizza and then another meal after that I found my daily calories were near 4000.... No big deal... i just cut back for three or 4 days after that , exercised a bit more and by weeks end I was near my weekly goal.

Several have posted that a huge day every once in a while keeps your metabolism guessing so it doesn't slow down... i have no idea about that....

My personality is very laid back.. that may be part of the reason I don't let small issues upset me....

Take care and don't sweat the small stuff...

scott
  • Bentoutofshape99
    Options
    It's alright to feel upset, it happens to everyone dealing with weight loss at one point or another. If you take a step back you will realize it's just one day in a string of hundreds, maybe thousands, perhaps the rest of your life.

You will be fine.