Replies

• kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    tumblr_m1qt6fmXzO1qbzqexo1_500.gif

tumblr_lq924kjRC91qj0zk3o1_250.gif
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    And that is why Chuck Norris is good company to keep.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Yelp!
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    WHOA!!!!
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Oh my damn.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Wow.

On the other hand, most snakebite injuries in the US are from the cottonmouth (their WARNING system is to give you an initial nearly venomless bite. Usually, the second bite is the serious one where they use their poison).

The person to get bit? 18-21 year old males. On their hands and arms.

Since I'm a 41-year old woman with enough sense not to try to grab a cottonmouth, I think I'll be fine.
  • HopeandAction
    HopeandAction Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    And why is that?

I seen worse pictures of gun shot wounds, is that a reason not to leave the house?

Don't get me wrong, it is ouchie... But, don't see a reason to not go if you enjoy a good hike. Just a reason to be bring a bit of cation
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Here's what the foot looks like after surgery.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Options
    Wow.

On the other hand, most snakebite injuries in the US are from the cottonmouth (their WARNING system is to give you an initial nearly venomless bite. Usually, the second bite is the serious one where they use their poison).

Since I'm a 41-year old woman with enough sense not to try to grab a cottonmouth, I think I'll be fine.

Haha! Yeah, be aware of your surroundings and don't try to snake wrangle.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Wow.

The guy in the photo, Stephen Rankin, was bitten by a Fer de lance, which has some of the deadliest venom around. So far I have not seen where he was at when this happened, but it was stated that it bit through his boot.
  • Hitem20
    Hitem20 Posts: 121
    Options
    Wow.

So you guys are suggesting that we should not simply walk up to snakes grab them and take a looksy?
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Tissue necrosis is a *kitten*! Venom is one of the best defenses in nature.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Options
    Wow.

So you guys are suggesting that we should not simply walk up to snakes grab them and take a looksy?

Yeah, sometimes distance is best. Only good snake is a trouser snake in my opinion.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    fascinating...
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

::breathes::

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    DDDDAAAAYYYYYMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    In high school, I got a really bad case of athlete's foot that was almost that bad.

It really itched. Bad.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    A snake bit me once said I tasted like chicken !
  • Nessiechickie
    Nessiechickie Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Wow! Kwl I think I just lost my lunch lol.
    Seeing bone makes me sick.. didn't think the bite would be down to the bone... Omg thats so gross.